Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

If you could choose one song to express how you feel after the death of your spouse what would it be?

I don't know if this has been posted as a topic before but I am curious if there is a song that seems to hit home for you with regard to the pain of losing your mate. 

While there are numerous songs that seem to capture my emotions the one that hits it on the head is "Doctor My Eyes" by Jackson Browne. As many times as I've listened to this song it never stops expressing my feelings of loss.

Any of you have a song that would express your pain?

Views: 878

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This one tears me up every time. I wish I could tell her this even just one more time...

https://youtu.be/JDgSWmoZA70?t=7

Yes J, agree 100% Yes, Yes Yes

After a year I find myself identifying with  "The Great Pretender" by The Platters and "One Is The Loneliest Number" by Three Dog Night, for reasons different than the other songs I connect with. Hopefully one day it will be, "Oh What A Beautiful Morning".

Even If by MercyMe. My husband passed from a terminal illness and I listened to it on repeat for many months.  It gives me comfort. 

Thank you for posting.....I just listened to this song for the first time and it touched my heart....I have added it to my list.....It is well with my soul...May God bless you and give you peace.

I agree with DIVA70. I had not heard this song before even though I'm pretty familiar with Mercy Me. I also added it to my play list. God Bless

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service