Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

My husband asked me once how you can tell if it's really love. I told him it's when you learn to love yourself because of the way you see yourself reflected in The other persons eyes. When they believe in you when you don't believe in yourself. When they see good things in you when you only see the bad. When they want you to see yourself as someone special. And that's what we're all missing now. When we feel sad or week or unsure, we can't see ourselves through the eyes of someone who loves us. I'm beginning to see that the only way to get through the loss of a loved one is to be able to see ourselves as worthy and special ourselves. We have lost The mirror that sold us our inner beauty. We can start to heal when we see ourselves as beautiful without needing anyone else's eyes.

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry, the title should've been it's time to see yourself through your eyes

I love this.  And I needed this tonight, it's beautiful.  I know we're all struggling to figure out who we are without our significant other.  I want to embrace what you've said here, and I know it will be a long time before I can.  But we were all the most important person to someone else, it's important to feel that way.

Wishing you a very good night!!!

Thank you for this.

... You just started my tears again.... I love what you said... But how can I do that ? .

Susan

For me, I remember the things ken valued in me. Then I remind myself that the things he valued were already inside me. He was the mirror that showed them to me, but they were always there. They still are, and he would still want me to see them. With my memories, I reminded myself of the things he saw in me. After a while, it became natural to just see those things in myself.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service