This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Here's a spot where you can post your special January remembrances - wedding anniversaries, birthdays, anniversaries of your loss, children's weddings, etc. - and discuss the plans you have to get through those potentially hard days. 

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

January 1 we would have been married 37 years. January 16 is when I lost him.

Thinking of you today, Barb.

Today it is 3 years. I had a fragmented night's sleep last night, lots of bad dreams.

January 13th fast approaching is the day 2 years ago that God came and took my husband home. I have missed him every waking hour since then and although the grief is not as sharp now it's still a horrible roller coaster. 

I find that as the date of his death approaches, I am thinking of things and places from that time 3 years ago, almost involuntarily. Like the long drive to the medical center where he was being treated.

Our bodies remember, even if we try not to, Barb. (((hugs))). Hope you can find ways to remember him, and ways to distract from the pain!

January 21, 2013, was the day Shane and I had our first date and became an official couple. We had chatted online and by phone for 5 months previous and I'd finally driven to meet him in Lyons, CO. The chemistry was definitely there, and he tried to convince me to stay the night that first date! LOL! Boy, do I miss him!

Today would have been my 31st wedding anniversary. (Jan 9)  Nine years and I still miss him as much as always.

January  19th   will be/would  have been  our 50th  Wedding Anniversary.  I have  no words.  No breath  to comment  but I ask for prayers.   Thank you.

hugs, Laura

Today would have been my husband's birthday.   If he had lived, we'd be celebrating #71.   Instead, I will fix myself a martini, toast him, tear up and probably cry a bit, and then spend the evening with a book and television.  Oh how I wish I could go back a few years.  I still have no regrets.  He was a wonderful, kind, and loyal man.  I was lucky, many people will never experience what I did.  I love him and always will.

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service