Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Here's a spot where you can post your special June remembrances - wedding anniversaries, birthdays, anniversaries of your loss, children's weddings, etc. - and discuss the plans you have to get through those potentially hard days. 

Views: 190

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Diane! You ar right reality had hit me hard I'm hoping as the days go on they get a little easier..

Going out today with two other widows whose birthdays are also in June.  I find some comfort in sharing with others in a similar situation to my own.  In a way we support each others emotional needs around such special events.  I am blessed in some of the friendships I have regained since Ray died.

June 23rd marks one year since 'the day'.  I lost my 55 year old husband of 27 years.  I have been back and forth with how to handle it.  Do I do something?  Do I ignore it?  I asked my grown children and they wanted to ignore it.  I kind of do too.  The way I see it is every day is sad so this one will be the same.  The anticipation of such a day I feel is worse than the day itself.  I just want to remember him and his humor and not the terrible day itself.  Having said that is there anything you do to remember your loved one?

My wife's birthday is Also Fathers Day this year - she has been gone six months now. The pain is still enormous.

Hugs to you, Mike

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service