Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Here's a spot where you can post your special June remembrances - wedding anniversaries, birthdays, anniversaries of your loss, children's weddings, etc. - and discuss the plans you have to get through those potentially hard days. 

Views: 262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Going out today with two other widows whose birthdays are also in June.  I find some comfort in sharing with others in a similar situation to my own.  In a way we support each others emotional needs around such special events.  I am blessed in some of the friendships I have regained since Ray died.

June 23rd marks one year since 'the day'.  I lost my 55 year old husband of 27 years.  I have been back and forth with how to handle it.  Do I do something?  Do I ignore it?  I asked my grown children and they wanted to ignore it.  I kind of do too.  The way I see it is every day is sad so this one will be the same.  The anticipation of such a day I feel is worse than the day itself.  I just want to remember him and his humor and not the terrible day itself.  Having said that is there anything you do to remember your loved one?

I just passed my 1 year mark at the end of May.  My hubby was 62 and we were married 43 years.  On the anniversary the kids, grandkids and I planted a tree in his honor and spread some of his ashes in the ground with the tree.  I also made everyone lockets of their key chains and put some ashes in each one.  The tree is thriving.

My wife's birthday is Also Fathers Day this year - she has been gone six months now. The pain is still enormous.

Hugs to you, Mike

I am at the tail end of what I like to call Birthday/Anniversary season. Arlene turned 62 on May 7th, 2015 and on June 2nd she had a heart attack and a stroke, which put her in a coma for 8 days and on the 10th she passed and 7 days after THAT we would have known each other for 35 years (we met at work on my mother's birthday). On July 6th of 2015 we would have been together for 32 years. I hate the time period between May 7th and July 6th, and I REALLY hate the 1st half of June. Three anniversaries in 15 days. Lately I've started wondering if I needed some anti-anxiety meds, but I'm not so sure Its a good thing to keep them in the house.

Isn't this GREAT?

I'm sorry Don. What a tough season. I am empathetic.  My husband died this year on March 30th. So far in April, May and June we've had both our kids birthdays, 3 of the 4 grandchildren birthdays, our (what would have been) 47th wedding anniversary, and in July my 67th birthday.  It's been a tough season, our first of many.  

Thinking of you.  We'll make it through.

Boo

I miss the chat room.  Hopefully they will fix it soon.  Hope you're doing ok.  Sandi

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service