Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Someone posted this request in a private Facebook group I'm in and I thought it might be good to do in here, too.  Let's us know who all is out there in Widowed Village land.

Here's what to do:

Share a photo of you and your love and post how long you were together and what took them from you.

Views: 294

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok. I’ll bite.  

First id like to say, the holidays are terrible.  I’m four years widowed now.  My husband had just turned 28 at the time of his passing.  I was 30 years old. Total time of being together was 6 years.  I’m sad.  Still.  A lot.  But I am definitely grateful to have known and loved such a human being.  My Jesse was riding his bicycle in our neighborhood when our neighbor didn’t see him turning the corner, nor he them.  The rest is history. 

Lirvie, I am so sorry. SO young. Each of you. What a beautiful selfie! Above what city? Overlooking? 

Las Vegas 

Such a tragic loss ... I am so sorry, Lirvie.  I love your photo - taken here in my city.

This is my husband and I in Cabo (2015) on his much deserved ‘retirement tour’.  We did not even get a full year together - for US.  I’m with Lirvie..holidays are the worst. He died suddenly and unexpectedly on December 3, 2015 of a cardiac event and I have been lost since. He was (and still is) my entire world. We met in 1984 and found each other again in 2000 and married. I miss him so much. I still cry Every. Single. Day.  

Mrs M I am so sorry for your loss at such a time in life. I get both the not even getting to live the retirement as well as suddenly and unexpectedly. So succinct in the agony: “I miss him so much. I still cry.” And in particular ... “Every. Single. Day.” Praying and sending positive thoughts for you to have peace and eventually find joy. 

hugs Mrs. M

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service