Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

I lost my husband's voice mail recording tonight on the landline because of a power outage.  I would play the greeting when I was feeling low. Listening to his voice would give me comfort.  Tonight I feel like I have lost him all over again. I know this is not the end of the world, but another reminder he is no longer with me.  I am sure I am not the only one that this has happened to.

Views: 199

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi SmartyAligatorpants... ( I bet that name has a story behind it ;-) )

I feel as though, if I don't listen to the recordings I have of Paul, I'll forget what he sounds like.  But when I DO listen to them, I start crying again.... It hurts to hear his Doctor's tell him that he will live to see Christmas. ( He did not live that long.)  One one hand I think they lied to him, but on the other hand, maybe they just wanted to relieve his stress.  I don't know anymore.

Regards,

Susan

I used to call my wife's work phone number. She left a message that said she was away from her desk and would be back soon. I found it comforting that she would be back soon, even though I knew it wasn't going to happen. After about two or three months, they assigned someone else to her desk and he recorded a new outgoing message.

Sweet and  bittersweet all at the time.

Susan

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service