Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Hi friends,

Many of you have been asking for a little more support in using the site. Our volunteers will stop by this discussion and answer your questions.

Don't forget these other ways to get help using the site:

• Welcome newsletters 1 to 4. These are sent to new members over the course of their first few weeks on the site. They are here (under the "Help" tab) for your reference whenever you like!
  • Privacy basics. This page will help new members understand how to most safely use the site, and how to customize your settings for your own comfort.
  • Village Values. This page describes some of our community's standards and values, and includes a few tips on how to connect and share.
  • The Chat Room. If you are comfortable with Chat already, you can pop in there. Chat is open 24/7, but is especially busy during US evening hours, so that is when you are most likely to find someone who's been on the site a while and can help you find it or do it easier!

If you'd like to a more private way to submit your question, please email us at [email protected] and you'll receive an email response back from us.

Views: 10552

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I searched for WV on FB and could not find it. Can anyone provide a link?

Barb may be set private as only members here are being added. Send email to Morgana (Janet) or to me with your name. You have to become friends with one of us on FB so we can add you to the group. FB rules. I am out of town so Janet may be a better option plus she set the WV Chat on FB up. 

Go to FB and click on Messenger on the left. Under Chats there is a search box. Type Widowedvillage Chat and it will bring it up. When it comes up click on it and type a message. You are automatically a member.

Message me on FB if you have a problem. Look for Janet Lacy-Sellars

As Marsha noted, we did send a broadcast email but some have said they did not receive it. It would have gone to the email you used when you signed up to join Widowed Village. I’d be happy to forward it to anyone who did not receive it. Send me an email at [email protected] 

We sincerely appreciate that Morgana(Janet) set up a chat space on Facebook for those who regularly meet in the Widowed Village Chat Room. However, please note that Facebook chat room is not supported or monitored by Soaring Spirits. We are hopeful our new Widowed Village web site will be up before the end of the year and final decisions about content are still being made. Stay tuned for a much improved site that is easier to navigate and make those important connections. 

Dianne

The end of the year? January? wow, what is taking so long?

There are only two of us working on this project, Barb. Soaring Spirits is a non-profit organization and I’m an unpaid volunteer. I also manage Widowed Village, our Pen Pal Program and volunteers for Camp Widow but we do hope to beat our end of the year deadline.

OK, hugs, and thanks for all you do. Any way to get to the FB page?

Thank you Dianne for the update. I sure hope it isn't down to long.

What happened to the "Chat" room?  Not there anymore.

See response above, Dee. If you didn’t receive the email send me a message at [email protected] and I’ll send it to you. 

In the original email I received, I thought it said the regular chat room we've been using would only be down for a short time while changes were being made.  Is it actually going to be down the entire time?  Possibly all through the holidays?

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service