Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Hi friends,

Many of you have been asking for a little more support in using the site. Our volunteers will stop by this discussion and answer your questions.

Don't forget these other ways to get help using the site:

• Welcome newsletters 1 to 4. These are sent to new members over the course of their first few weeks on the site. They are here (under the "Help" tab) for your reference whenever you like!
  • Privacy basics. This page will help new members understand how to most safely use the site, and how to customize your settings for your own comfort.
  • Village Values. This page describes some of our community's standards and values, and includes a few tips on how to connect and share.
  • The Chat Room. If you are comfortable with Chat already, you can pop in there. Chat is open 24/7, but is especially busy during US evening hours, so that is when you are most likely to find someone who's been on the site a while and can help you find it or do it easier!

If you'd like to a more private way to submit your question, please email us at [email protected] and you'll receive an email response back from us.

Views: 9242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Diane,

There are many here in similar situations and that would be a good topic for a discussion... Here is a similar topic: http://widowedvillage.org/forum/topics/anyone-experiencing-challeng...

Read up on the suggestions here if you'd like to start a new discussion -- key is, to phrase is in a way that many can contribute.

Hope this helps!

Diane, I am new to this site but I have stepkids, and was a "third" wife to my deceased Artie. I would like to find a group like this too, or maybe we could chat.
I would like to remove or disguise my location. How can I do that?

Click on "Settings" over in the right-hand column and that will bring up your profile page. Scroll down to where your zip code is listed and remove it. That will remove your city.  You can also pick a different zip code - say of a large, metropolitan area close to where you live - and use that.

Good morning,

My anniversary is tomorrow.  It would have been 27 years. How do I post the anniversary in the birthday section?

Thanks

Hi Princess.  Thinking of you on your special day and I hope you feel surrounded by love.

The birthday list on the Home page is automatically populated by the server based upon applications of our members. But you can create an "Event" for any of your special days. Those are also found on the Home page, over in the lefthand column.  Here's a link:  http://widowedvillage.org/events/event/listUpcoming

There's a little "+Add" button over on the top righthand side for you to add an event ... or you can scroll down through the events and you'll find a DRAFT event you can copy (click on options, then click "Copy event").

I find it difficult to just post a thought or feeling.  Do I do it on my page?  Maybe its just I'm not concentrating.

There are many Forum discussions, on so many topics, that you can post under and those will allow others to join in the discussion and leave comments. Or if you'd like to start a new topic - you can start your own Forum discussion. Browse through some of the discussions to see if anything fits for you.  We have some where you can post a quote, some for positive support, some on dating or not dating, kids/family/friend issues ... you name it!

http://widowedvillage.org/forum

Is there a LIMIT to # of videos one can post?  Currently have 8 but tried to post a 9th and keeps sending an ERROR.  Says "There has been an error - Cannot find a valid video for this URL." Although it is available and can link on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59ZWLs5SoK8 . And it's the 1st tiime this has happened, so that's why I'm wondering if there's a limit to the number on each persons's home site??

TLB, sent you a PM -- you are posting the WATCH link. You need to use one of the choices under SHARE on YouTube. That's what's going on.

Is it possible to move photos?? I uploaded my CWE 2013 photos to my CWE 2012 album, ugh.

I'm not seeing an option to move photos, Carolynne - but if you go to the album and click on "options" it allows you to edit the album. You can try to drag photos from the CWE 2012 album on the right over to the left and then open  up the CWE 2013 album and drag them from the left back over into the album?

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service