Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Hi friends,

Many of you have been asking for a little more support in using the site. Our volunteers will stop by this discussion and answer your questions.

Don't forget these other ways to get help using the site:

• Welcome newsletters 1 to 4. These are sent to new members over the course of their first few weeks on the site. They are here (under the "Help" tab) for your reference whenever you like!
  • Privacy basics. This page will help new members understand how to most safely use the site, and how to customize your settings for your own comfort.
  • Village Values. This page describes some of our community's standards and values, and includes a few tips on how to connect and share.
  • The Chat Room. If you are comfortable with Chat already, you can pop in there. Chat is open 24/7, but is especially busy during US evening hours, so that is when you are most likely to find someone who's been on the site a while and can help you find it or do it easier!

If you'd like to a more private way to submit your question, please email us at [email protected] and you'll receive an email response back from us.

Views: 9505

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello! For some reason I am not seeing recent posts, only older ones. I do receive notification that there are newer posts to my member groups. I am logged in. Any ideas why I am not seeing recent posts? Thanks! Lisa

Look at the bottom of the page you're on and you'll see page numbers. If you're seeing old posts and it shows you are on the highest page number, just click on page 1 and that will take you to the latest posts (or vice versa).

We've been having sporadic issues with this site and do plan to move to a new hosting platform that will be much easier to navigate. Stay with us.

Thank you! I'll try that. :-)

Ive been trying to chat using my phone. I type, but it so t let me enter it into the chat board. Is there a trick I need to know about?

I've actually never tried using my phone to chat but I just tried it and it worked for me. You're typing in that little box that has the smiley face over in the far right side?  And then you hit 'Return' once you've finished what you want to say?  It's not easy on a phone because everything is so small, but it does appear to be working.

Thank you, I will give that a try.

This is Day 2 that I haven't been able to access the chatroom. Nothing is visible within the chat boxes, so you can't see who is online or what is being typed, if anything. I have heard from 2 other members (through Facebook) that they are having the same problem. I personally have tried other browsers as well as another computer. This is a lifeline to many of us. Please check on this!

yeah I having the same problem Debbie.  Hopefully it will get fixed soon

As I responded to your email yesterday, Debbie, this is a Ning issue - the hosting platform for Widowed Village - and not something we can fix ourselves. We have been working behind the scenes to move Widowed Village to a new platform that we will be able to control, but we are not quite ready to make that move just yet.

Members can still communicate with one another in our Discussion Forums and in our Groups. And I've created a new PRIVATE Temporary Chat Room group for members to use until the original Chat Room is working again. The conversations in there will only be seen by the members who join that group.

Here's a link:  http://widowedvillage.org/group/temporary-chat-room

Thank you Dianne, and thank you for creating the group. I didn't see your message on here until after I'd posted.

-Debbie

On the latest reply to my post there is no "Reply" button on the bottom left hand side?  how do I reply?

All comments in the Groups are in chronological order. So each time you post, you'll do it in the Comment box and it will go up on the top of the feed. It's a bit confusing to begin with, but if you type the person's name that you are responding to at the beginning of your comment, it's helpful.

The Forum Discussions are different - you can post directly under someone's comment.  

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service