Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Hi friends,

Many of you have been asking for a little more support in using the site. Our volunteers will stop by this discussion and answer your questions.

Don't forget these other ways to get help using the site:

• Welcome newsletters 1 to 4. These are sent to new members over the course of their first few weeks on the site. They are here (under the "Help" tab) for your reference whenever you like!
  • Privacy basics. This page will help new members understand how to most safely use the site, and how to customize your settings for your own comfort.
  • Village Values. This page describes some of our community's standards and values, and includes a few tips on how to connect and share.
  • The Chat Room. If you are comfortable with Chat already, you can pop in there. Chat is open 24/7, but is especially busy during US evening hours, so that is when you are most likely to find someone who's been on the site a while and can help you find it or do it easier!

If you'd like to a more private way to submit your question, please email us at [email protected] and you'll receive an email response back from us.

Views: 9142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Mike. I've deleted it.

Just wanted to share. This morning I tried to log in using Fire fox and it would not let me enter my password and connect, It gave a message of saying this is an unsecure/unprotected site and it is not save to enter a password or other information.

Is there any way around this.  I am having other problems with IE and want to switch over.

Thanks,  Cee

Try using Chrome ;-)

IE has always caused us some issues, but I've not heard a problem with Firefox.  I use Google Chrome.  I'll send a note to our web guy to see if he has an idea of what would have caused this.

Is there a way to rearrange the boxes on your profile page?

Rainy - I thought there was, but just tried to do some moving on my personal profile and couldn't get it to work. We've been having issues with things here so that might be one to add to the list.

We're moving the Widowed Village site over to WordPress and I don't know yet what our profiles will look like over there. Once we get past the San Diego Camp we'll be dedicating time to that project to get the site moved ... finally.  So please bear with us for a bit and hopefully you'll love the new site!

How do I click "ignore "so I don't have to be exposed to some of the berating ..and nastiness that goes on from a couple, and mind you only a couple....I can't seem to find a way to block the or ignore them...

I changed my settings in my profile to participate in the pen pal program, what is

th next step?

In my case they sent me 3 e-mail addresses of people who were interested...but none really were....I would be happy to be your pen pal..Hopeful

That sounds nice!  So I changed my settings also. Thanks, I didn't even know that being a penpal was in the settings.

Would you like to keep in touch privately on here ....or by personal e-mail...

Personal email would be preferred, although not sure how to exchange emails withought posting here. 

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service