Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Hi friends,

Many of you have been asking for a little more support in using the site. Our volunteers will stop by this discussion and answer your questions.

Don't forget these other ways to get help using the site:

• Welcome newsletters 1 to 4. These are sent to new members over the course of their first few weeks on the site. They are here (under the "Help" tab) for your reference whenever you like!
  • Privacy basics. This page will help new members understand how to most safely use the site, and how to customize your settings for your own comfort.
  • Village Values. This page describes some of our community's standards and values, and includes a few tips on how to connect and share.
  • The Chat Room. If you are comfortable with Chat already, you can pop in there. Chat is open 24/7, but is especially busy during US evening hours, so that is when you are most likely to find someone who's been on the site a while and can help you find it or do it easier!

If you'd like to a more private way to submit your question, please email us at [email protected] and you'll receive an email response back from us.

Views: 9391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OK

Sorry I missed responding to this question, Hopeful. You should have received your 3 PenPal matches in an email on June 3rd. Let me know if you didn't see it - sometimes they end up in spam/junk folders - and I can re-send their names/email addresses to you.

Dianne

Hopeful and Slick just a suggestion. If you go into the chat room you can have a personal chat no one can see. There you can exchange personal emails, telephone numbers, etc. 

I hope someone can answer an obvious question- except for me!  LOL    I wanted to reply to a post on Soaring Spirits, but it just keeps 'saving' and never posts. I had never signed up for an account on that site, so I uses my same email address and password as for Widowed Village. What's am I doing wrong?

thanks

Steph

Hi Shoosie.

Are you referencing the Soaring Spirits web site?  https://www.soaringspirits.org 

That site is separate from this one, so you will need to join it in order to make a comment over there. There is no cost or membership required to be able to post comments there.

I'm assuming you'd like to respond to one of the blog posts. Thank you for that. We love for our writers to hear from people who read their daily blog posts.

Dianne

how do I start a new thread in the forum? I tried to but I can't see the thread I posted. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Whitedoves.

I see your discussion posted and you've joined the Sudden Loss group, so it looks like you figured it out. I'm sorry I wasn't online to respond earlier. 

Dianne

When widowedvillage.org comes up on my PC, I get an indicator that the connection is not secure.  

Have others seen that?  Any concerns or tips?

I've not had that happen, Isaiah4031, but I can check with our web guy. I know we have all sorts of firewalls in place. 

You received that message but it still allowed you to open up the site?  I've received that type of message on other sites but my browser wouldn't let me open it up at all.

Hey, I have that too.  Just letting you know I think it's more to do with your computers settings than an issue with the sight.  However, if you lock down the settings I'm not sure if the site would work right.  

Im a long term member would like to hear from penpals anywhere and find contacts in Long Island if possible this elaine

Our Widowed Pen Pal Program is not able to match members up by location. The best I can suggest is that you type in Long Island or Staten Island in the search box up at the top right-hand corner of the page and see which profiles show up.

I see that you posted in the Connect with Others page ... did you notice there were 3 people who posted they were in Staten Island?

And we do have a Soaring Spirits Regional Group that meets in New York City twice a month. They have a MeetUp page where they post their events:  https://www.meetup.com/New-York-Widows-and-Widowers-Soaring-Spirits...

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service