Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Hi, I’m Amy. I became a widow on March 14 when my husband of 21 years collapsed on our kitchen floor. We never got him back. We have seven children ranging in age from 7 to 20.

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Amy. I am so sorry for your tragic loss of your husband. I know it is probably difficult with the younger children, but I hope the older ones will be a source of comfort for you in the future, as I am sure they are sorting out their own feelings right now.

Please know that we are here for you. Posting helps as a type of journaling, at least for me. It also helps to get feedback from others. Especially when you discover you are not alone in your emotions and struggles.

Hugs and peace to you.

Hi Amy, I'm so sorry you've had to find us.  Tess is so correct, somehow it helps so much to read others struggles,  often times I find myself in others post.  I've found posting my own thoughts and struggles is a wonderful validation of sorts.  My children are 16, 18 and 21.  I'm 7 months into widowhood.  

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service