Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Here's a spot where you can post your special November remembrances - wedding anniversaries, birthdays, anniversaries of your loss, children's weddings, etc. - and discuss the plans you have to get through those potentially hard days. 

Views: 261

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Monday was the two-year anniversary of my husband's sudden passing and today marks the day we held the funeral. Tomorrow is the day my previous husband was killed many years ago in an auto accident as well as Thanksgiving. My 30th wedding anniversary would have been in two weeks followed by Christmas. Two grandsons and one son have birthdays this month also. I feel like I'm on a roller coaster ride of emotions from the beginning of November until after Christmas. Two years seems like yesterday and I just take things one day at a time, and this week, I sometimes just make it hour by hour. Prayer and thoughts of gratitude have helped me this month. The sadness was not quite so overwhelming as last year. I deliberately decided to place flowers on his grave this weekend instead of the anniversary date. I think I will be in a better state of mind and hopefully, have a better experience than last year.

I lost my love on November 9, 2016. His birthday was the following week on November 16th. That day was extremely hard. We were supposed to bake a cake together and celebrate. It never happened. His birthday was also the last day I would ever see his body. He always knew he wanted to be cremated, so that process was happening the next day. I went to see him and I couldn't touch him at first and after I did, it hurt in a way that I can't explain. I rubbed my fingers through his curly hair and kissed his ice cold forehead twice. I walked out of that room knowing it would be the last time I would ever get to feel my husband. The next week was pretty bad. My mom came and offered no comfort at all. Then she left. Thanksgiving was horrible. I sat home alone on his corner of the couch and stared out the window all day and cried and screamed and cried some more. We'd been together since early 2013. We got married May of 2016. We didn't even make it to our 1 year anniversary. I honestly don't know how I'm gonna get through this.

My Thanksgiving was similar, Branbran. I'm so sorry. You are definitely among people who understand. 

On Thanksgiving, two days ago, it was a year to the day that we had to call 911 because my husband was having trouble breathing. About two hours after we got there, they said they would be taking him for tests and I can visit him in a particular room in about an hour. I took his clothing and stuff to bring home and said, "I'll be right back. They are taking you for tests, okay?" And he said, "Okay." When I got home, the phone rang. They needed permission to intubate. He never woke up and passed on December 6th. Needless to say, there was no Thanksgiving for me this year, especially because I have no family to speak of so it was just me and the cats. One cat had turkey, the other chicken, and I made some pasta and jar sauce. It was the best I could do. 

I went to the  early church service today because as part of the prayers there is a remembrance list of people who have died in this week in the past years so my Mum's name was read out.  It is a strange feeling, a sad feeling as you hear your loved one's name read out.  Only a couple of people recognised my Mum's name and came and asked me if I was okay.  Four years is a while and of course people do forget.  But it is nice there is a place for remembrance.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service