Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Here's a spot where you can post your special October remembrances - wedding anniversaries, birthdays, anniversaries of your loss, children's weddings, etc. - and discuss the plans you have to get through those potentially hard days. 

Views: 211

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It would be DH's 70th birthday today.   He died suddenlt this May.

I have been keeping myself very busy on this poignant day.  Gave  a talk at a mental health charity I work for, helped local councillors delivering literature and now babysitting 3 year old grandson.   Doing positive things ahs really helped me and I feel DH with me on what would have been his special day.

I've also had a God wink too.  Was thinking of buying meat and the word ',eat' just came up on a hoarding.   

Today would have been me and my husband (Larry's) 27th wedding anniversary. Larry passed away suddenly and unexpected on July 27, 2016 as far as celebrating I will be taking a fresh floral arrangement to his grave and talk with him and let him know how much me and the boys miss him and how empty our lifes are without him in it. 

My angel how I ache inside to hug you again,
to hold you forever.
My tears flow, as I hang on to our memories,
and care for our children without you.
Every day we have conversations with you,
having faith you can hear us and watch from your new world.
My dear love, I awoke one morning earlier this week, it was our wedding anniversary,
only there were no roses, no kisses, no hugs- just the memories of the love we had for one another.
For all the years you gave me roses, I now bring roses to you and blow kisses,
until we meet again.

I haven't been on in a while, but October 27th would have been Jake's 41st and my mom's 67th.  His first birthday without him, the 3rd without my mom.  I had a great plan to spend the day with my stepdad and daughter and do things that they loved doing with us.  But some flu like virus spoiled my plans and I spent the day in bed.   My stepdad got in his car and drove two long states away (successfully dodging from the virus.)  Life is unpredictable and often even un-plan-able.  When I can remember to think of what I can do today and be grateful both for what is, and has been, acceptance is possible.  

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service