Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

It has been just over a year since my wife passed suddenly and unexpectedly.  I came on WV and I was so lost. It was widowed people who helped me up, I couldnt hardly get out of bed daily!

Well I want to thank you who spoke into my life, I couldnt thank each independently because there were so many of you.

Anyway.. About May, I decided to reach out locally and start a Widowed support group, it started with 10 people and 7 people showing up, It is now 8 months later, 41 members. And 15 meetings later. 

I would of never in my wildest dreams thought I would be doing this. But I know it was folks like you who gave me the basis for our group:    "The Healing Value of One Widowed Person, Sharing with another, is without parallel."

Thank you Michelle, Supra, And all of you who spoke into my life in time of need, and still do!   Victor 

Views: 129

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Riseagain,
That sounds like a worthwhile endeavor, I wish you luck with it!

That's wonderful to hear! It's been four months for me and I haven't been able to find any active support groups in my area. If you'd care to share, how did you go about starting yours? Did you use the MeetUp website? 

I am so proud of you.  Not many of us would have the strength to do what you did.  Thank you for helping those who are in need. My prayer is that you will be strengthened in your endeavor.

I hope that knowing that you are helping so many others brings you comfort.  That is so special and impressive!

I am so sorry to hear about your wife. Thank you for the friend request. Keena

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service