Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Tonight the phone rang, Caller ID was my (our) phone number, my deceased husband's name. I answered it: "Hello?", heard nothing, then lots of static, then silence, I said "hello?" again, more static, I said "Bob, is that you?" and got a busy signal, then a click, dead silence. (no pun intended)

Has this happened to anyone else?

Just wondering..... 

Views: 483

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought I had a few instances of this.  Was away for the weekend with my son (spanning the 1 month mark of my wife's passing).  Twice I looked at my phone and saw a missed call, from my own number.  I was sure it was a sign similar to what I read here.  It rang again and this time I was able to answer it and it was spam.  It really upset me, and I turned the ringer off for the rest of the weekend.

One other thing was weird.  Our hotel room was rather unique; it had no dresser, but did have a 3 inch ledge mounted below the TV on the wall.  This ledge had a lip, so anything placed on it would be secure.  About 4:30am I heard a loud bang.  I got up and looked around only to see my son's iPad on the floor, it had fallen from the ledge.  I was concerned it broke since the floor was hardwood; luckily it had the case on and landed flat and no damage. 

On a related note, the day of her funeral, I went to lunch with some neighborhood parents who we are close with.  Three women told me that they saw a butterfly come to them after Kim died and they felt that the butterfly was her.  I had noticed one the day before and didn't originally connect it.  But I realize I hadn't seen any before she died.  Since then I have seen a few butterflies, and it makes me smile.  Also I noticed quite a few dragonflies, specifically one at that lunch, one at my parents' house and one on our trip; I kind of thought of Kim with each of them.  Last night a friend posted a meme on FB saying something like  "Legend states that dragonflies have an extra set of wings because an angel visiting you is riding their back."; I had never heard that but was so happy to see it, as that friend was not involved in any of the instances where I saw the dragonfly.  So, now I have a special affinity for butterfly and dragonfly.

I have gotten these many times. Like others, at first I was very upset about it, but now I feel it is my husband letting me know he's still around here. I don't answer the call, knowing noone will be on the other end, but I do smile when I see the caller ID. 

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service