Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Here's a spot where Campers can post photos and share what they've learned in the workshops, so those who aren't here with us can share the experience.

Here's a link to the survey that Michele asked everyone to take the time to complete:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CRX2W9R

Views: 1712

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just registered for 2014 CWE. Can't wait. Camp this year was the best thing i did for myself. It was such a positive experience.

I registered for CWE 2014.  I am looking forward to it too.  Michele's keynote speech was amazing.  I am chosing the plan A with an 11x16 package in a beautiful frame and not the plan B with the 5x7's and wallets.

All of the workshops were informative and so helpful.  I was happy to see old friends and meet new ones.  Thank you so much to everyone who volunteered.  It was amazing.  I loved the banquet and a chance to dress up and have a light spirit.

The support from everyone and the ability to just breathe and say ahh with people who get it is so special. 

I am truly grateful for Camp Widow.  I came home inspired and ready to live my wild and precious life.

Dianne, Janine, Barbara - you all rock!!!

Since I missed Michele's keynote - and then totally got it wrong when I tried to write about it here - this blog post gives a great understanding of the beauty of Michele's words.

http://tamarabeachum.com/plan-a/

Michele announced Camp Widow East 2014 dates today!  March 7-9, 2014 at Marriott Tampa Waterside.   Early bird registration (save $100)ends this Saturday!

Rooftop Pool!

The pool looks amazing! (I might have to look in to whether they have any FL resident specials this summer and check it out!)  I'm glad it is in March, even if it is early March, and not February like I was hearing.  February can still be a little chilly at times, and I'm a couple hours south of Tampa.  I would love to go ahead and register and save $100, but so much can happen in 10 months, I'm going to hold off.  I hope I'm still able to come, but since I need to be going back to work soon, and I'm not sure where that journey is going to take me, you never know.  But I'll keep my fingers crossed I can make it.  And my birthday is March 6, so this would be a good birthday present to myself.  Thanks for keeping us informed, as always, Diane.

Sorry, spelled you name wrong, Dianne.  Hey, Joyce from Bradenton, I'll let you know if I do decide to go check it out.  Maybe you could be meet me for a margarita at the pool bar!

Wow that hotel in Tampa looks soooo gorgeous!!! Im so happy its in Tampa, because thats only 30min or so from Clearwater, which is where I tossed some of my husbands ashes into the sea - his favorite beach - so I can drive out there and go sit by the water and feel close to him -- its also spring training season for the Yankees, so maybe I can catch a game while Im down there too, like Don and I used to do together.....

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service