Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

First, let me tell you that if you were thinking of a number from 1 to 2, I could never guess it right.
That said, my wife, Janet was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on 12/21/2015 and passed away on 2/03/2016. Starting around January of 2015 I started having a vision of her in our bed dying with me next to her and her sister in the adjacent family room. I can't remember if it started as a dream but it quickly turned into a waking vision. Started with once a week and as the year progressed it became almost daily. Janet was a vegetarian, exercised daily looked like she was in her 30s when she was 55 and never was in the hospital. She had two wellness checkups  per year. Once for the company insurance, one she did on her own. 
I didn't tell Janet about it since I didn't want to worry her. This very visual image became like a bad song that you can't get out of your head. I couldn't shake it. It was always the same, Janet on her side of the bed dying, me next to her and her sister visible through the bedroom door on the couch in the family room. On February 3rd of 2016 at 6:30am Janet took her last breath, with me at her side and her sister on the couch in the family room. The exact way I saw it all those times.
I ask myself what was the point? Was it to prepare me or warn me? Janet had a certain intuitiveness and I could understand if she had a premonition, but me?
Has anyone else experienced the same thing? 
Rich

Views: 593

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rich, first, I want to say I'm so sorry for the greatest loss of your life.  I also lost my husband to pancreatic/liver cancer.  And it was also quick.  I had not experienced any recurring visions but feel that it was preparing you.  Our senses can become acute when we are going through life changing moments.  My husband has made his presence known since his passing by alerting me to events or problems.  I had forgotten to close the garage door one evening and was awakened with a simple "go close the garage door" message.  Or changing the smoke alarm battery like I've done it a million times before but I actually never had.  These things are inexplicable but they are as real as you and me.  I'm sure your beloved wife will give you guidance as you navigate your new life.

I am more of a skeptic than a believer, but I can't ignore the very clear message that came to me before my husband left on the trip he did not return from.  He hadn't wanted to go, and before he left a thought came to me, a very clear thought, "he doesn't want to go because he isn't going to come back."  I ignored it and never told him, not that he would have listened anyways.  I know for some people these things are accepted and even expected, but for me and my husband who was a physicist, we were not religious people, so I ask myself, how did I know?  I tell myself that we don't know everything there is to know about time, and that it may be that such an earth-shatteringly profound event in our lives can echo back into the past.  People more skeptical than I tell me it was a terrible coincidence, but they didn't experience it themselves.  They assume I am layering something ordinary with meaning after the fact, but they didn't experience the extra-ordinary nature of it themselves. 

My husband of 23 years passed away in July 2015 after a long series of complications following an ATV accident. During his last 18 months, he only spent six at home. His final six months were spent completely hospitalized on a ventilator and facing one set back, infection, and other complication under the sun. It just went on and on and on, but three weeks before he passed, I suddenly knew that things were about to change -- that he was either going to pass away OR turn a corner and finally start recovering. I had no strong leaning to which way it would go, though. I only knew things were about to change, and this intuition was so strong that I was giving it to prayer groups, asking them to pray about whatever it was I "knew" but couldn't clarify

Of course, I hoped it was going to be a turn towards recovery, but three weeks later, a nurse called early in the morning to say there had been "a change in condition" and that I needed to get there as quickly as possible. I was in shock, yet I wasn't. Several people have since said, "You knew, didn't you?"

Johns Girl.. Sometimes we just feel things within us that are indescribable.... For these times they are with us both before and after. Death teaches us things never taught in school and unless one has walked in our shoes , they can never get it.. I get it , like when i knew my wife would have a grand mal seizure , because in my mind i heard her calll me yet she never said a word.. Premonitions  you bet, we are changed forever yet the signs of them here and forever will always be.. Peace in you journey from Cumming Ga..

Norman, I am also in Cumming, Georgia! Small world, and peace to you as well.

I've been thinking alot about this same thing.  A few weeks before Jack died we were walking down the road looking at land to possibly build our home on.  We we talking about different options, and for some reason in my head I said, "but you wont be here will you?" At the time, I didn't understant why I heard that in my head. I thought maybe he didn't want to stay here, because we had talked about moving south to get away from the cold as well.  But it was the way it echoed in my brain and I dismissed it anyway.  He died suddenly on Dec. 30th and I'm still waiting on the autopsy.  I always had a feeling I'd lose him too soon, but I didn't want to believe it.  He was only 44. 

Sonja

Ah yes, I can relate Jack's girl ...

The one of a # that immediately popped up when reading your reply was 5 days before Bob died. We were driving home holding hands as we always did, for some odd reason when I looked at him I thought to myself, "I can't live w/out you". It was as if he heard me b/c he had an enormous smile & I mentally heard him say, "Yes, you will". I also blew it off, even though, I had been receiving premonitions for about a month.

I believe in soulmates as so, I believe we agree on preparing one another for death prior to incanation. Due to the cathected relationship we share, when it is time one will send & the other will receive signals in subtle ways that are not on a conscious level/cause alarm to prevent our intervention w/their destiny.

(((HUGS)))

I had this same thing happen. I know it was God telling me exactly what was going to happen with the death of my husband. Right down to who was in the room and where I would be sitting holding his hand.

Willow:

I would have to agree. In our case Janet had PC and the odds of beating it in the long term are almost are almost zero.

I think I was being prepared but in the end I am as devastated as I would be without the premonition. I just knew the final outcome once we were given the diagnosis. My reaction and what I did in those very short 43 days would have been the same with or without the knowledge I had. Sometimes I feel as though life is like an old movie rerun. Somehow it has already happened and we are watching our selves from afar.

It's just part of the puzzle that we won't know until we die.

Rich

I'm a widow of less than 3 weeks but I had a dream that Al died and it was so very real. He was diagnosed in July and in June or so I had a dream that he died that was so real. I had a dream the following week that my Mom was holding me as I cried my eyes out and she had just died a few months earlier. Miss him so very much.

I am terribly sorry for your loss.  I hope sharing and reading post here will give you some comfort.  I lost my husband over 4 yrs ago.  Soon after his death, another widow friend gave me a book that has helped me tremendously.  It's titled "Living with Loss"  Meditations for Grieving Widows by Ellen Sue Stern. I think you can get a copy through Amazon. 

Dear Rich,

I am so sorry for your loss.I think the vision was both - to prepare you and to warn you. 

I also had a premonition, but it was different . I only really understood it months after my husband died. But the the message was - "There is nothing you can do to prevent this from happening."

I may describe it later in a book, or here. It was very powerful. 

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service