Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

At the suggestion of Doug02122014 after creating a blog post about a quote that we are throwing around for my love's headstone, I decided to start this discussion. 

What was on your departed love's marker/headstone/memorial. I would love to see them, as we are still trying to decide on something for my dear. 

This is what we are working with so far. 

"With Love We Remember" "B H S" 
"January 20 1974 - November 13 2014"
"Loving Son, Brother & Friend"

the quote that I would like to add to it is :

You are always in my thoughts,

your love is still my guide. 

And though I can not touch your hand,

I know you are by my side. 

Views: 244

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lakelady and I were talking last Friday and she came up with the following for my wife Darlene's epitaph:

"Today she dances with angels."

As much as she loved angels, I think this may be what I was looking for and didn't know it.

My roses

Dear Doug  the Dancing with angels  quote seems just right for your beloved wife.

many blessings

My wife was an ABBA fan so we just used "Thank you for the Music!"

"A life that touches others goes on forever"  

I seems fitting as Doug was such a big part of so many people's lives.  

My hubby and I were both teachers, so I had "To teach is to touch lives forever" put on our stone.  A couple of other teacher friends have told me they are stealing that for theirs. I don't remember where I heard that first, but I had never seen it on a headstone until ours.

My wifes says "siempre viviras en nuestro corazon"  translated: always living in our hearts.....

Wow how time flies. April 19, 2015, I last commented on this thread. On Monday June 27, 2016, my Second First & I placed the order for my first wife's headstone (yes I remarried even though I swore I would never date again).
I only melted down 1 time in the store which wasn't too much of a surprise; kinda figured it was going to happen. What did surprise me was the next day when I caught myself crying uncontrollably in my breathing. I haven't done that since my early days on this journey. I was a bit concerned that I may have taken a big step backwards, but thankfully I have not and I'm doing well. I'm about 2-years and 5- months out now.

I did go with the epitaph similar to the one I mentioned in my first post on this subject.

I changed the wording just a little bit because I'm going to have our daughter with special needs buried next to her mother when it's her time. So the epitaph now reads:

"Now they dance with angels".

I will post a picture of the headstone when it is set in the cemetery.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service