Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

We're chatting in the Village Square and sharing all of the grief books we've read and liked.  Better to have that take place here in the Forums so all will have access to it.  Please add your favorites and give a little review.

Views: 3253

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love that book!  It's is very very good for anyone grieving. A friend gave it to my daughters to help them understand how I was feeling.

Doug Manning has a grief series through "In Sight Books". 

"Don't Take My Grief Away From Me" is excellent.  I've read another of his books since on helping others through their grief journey, gives very good insightful advise. 

The first few months I couldn't concentrate to read but recently I have found several books that were helpful : Healing After Loss: Daily Meditations by Martha Whitmore Hickman (short readings each day), I wasn't Ready to say Goodbye by Pamela Blair and Getting to the Other Side of Grief by Susan J Zonnebelt-Smeenge

Two Chai Day by Irene McGoldrick

I am 3/4 of the way thru it and it has already helped me.  She lost her husband to cancer.

1, Experiencing Grief

2. Reflections of a Grieving Spouse (journal that measures your progress through your grieving. I have marked different times where I was.  July 27th will be two years since he passed away, I will reread and see where I am now.)

3. Recovering From the Loss of a love

4. All of the above and others by H. Norman Wright 

How to Survive the loss of a Love by Harold H. Bloomfield, M.D.  it was recommended by my counselor.

For those that believe  there is an amazing book out there called "Evidence of Eternity" by Mark Anthony.

Dear Judy, Thanks for recommending this.  I ordered it and am almost done reading it.  It is very enlightening.   It is so honest--as when he has to address the ?--do they see us in the bathroom!!!

Bless You!

"And Life Comes Back"  by Tricia Lott Williford

I was introduced to this author by my cousin, who was a friend of Tricia's husband, Robb. Tricia was a blogger and stay at home mom when 35 yr old Robb died suddenly in 2010.   She began writing and turned her thoughts into a book, which is funny as well as touching.  I really liked this book, as it mirrored my relationship with my husband so closely.  It was hard to read at times, but a really great read.

I just finished this book. I am not feverishly searching for books on grief any longer, almost two years after my husband died, but I found this on the library shelf and it really touched me and validated some things. The authors use anecdotes, examples, some research, all written in a conversational style that reminds us how different we can be but how universal some things are. I wanted to share...

About Grief: Insights, Setbacks, Grace Notes, Taboos by Ron Marasco, Brian Shuff

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/about-grief-ron-marasco/1111631419

I’m not sure if anyone is still looking for recommendations on books but I wanted to share a book that I’m so glad a friend shared with me in my early grief. “It’s ok that you’re not ok” by Megan Devine. 

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service