Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

I guess I have a reputation here of putting a positive spin on things. I'll take that. As long as you understand that doesn't mean that this has been easy for me or that I don't have any 'down' moments. That said, I'd like to offer this space for only POSITIVE thoughts ... quotes, poems, photos ... things that may help you to feel a little spark of HOPE when you most need it. 

Views: 29281

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

love this

that is great! LOVE IT thanks Diane  

If you're on Facebook, here's some pages where I've found some really positive posts, photos, quotes:

Dianne! Thank you for this. I love it.

One step taken or one piece of the puzzle placed may seem like such small accomplishments. Yet when you add all those steps and puzzle pieces together they make a glorious masterpiece. Don't underestimate the value of any advancement you make. Be proud of who you are and what you've accomplished. It's all part of the glorious YOU.

From today's "Believe" Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Believe/288108961206857

I love this Dianne.  Never thought about it like that before, but it is so true.  Thanks, I needed that.

Thanks Dianne your postive outlook helps me more than you will ever know. Keep it coming!

Kathy

While you live, love
While you breathe, sing
While you work, shine
While you walk, dance
While you see, dream

(copied, author unknown)

Love this forum! Thanks Dianne!

I just finished reading the book "Begin with Yes" and it offers some really good, simple advice to move forward. The book was offered as a free ebook a few weeks ago from a Facebook page I follow - but I notice on the Begin with Yes website you can still email the author for a free download code by contacting him. He has a wonderful Begin with Yes Facebook page, too. 

Begin with Yes: The 10 Principles

1. Begin - The best time to start is now.
  2. Have a sense of hopefulness and roll up your sleeves.
  3. Expect that Begin with Yes will train your mind to think in an open, creative way and empower your problem-solving capacity.
  4. Remember, the secret to a good life is less about having a positive attitude and more about taking positive actions.
  5. Ask questions. There are always answers to be found and the answers lead to actions that will  move you forward.
  6. Keep moving one step at a time. Don't let fear stop you.
  7. Find your power by taking action.
  8. Focus on finding people you can help, rather than on people to help you.
  9. It's not one great big "yes." It's a thousand little "yeses" that make life-changing things happen.
  10. Begin.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service