Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

I guess I have a reputation here of putting a positive spin on things. I'll take that. As long as you understand that doesn't mean that this has been easy for me or that I don't have any 'down' moments. That said, I'd like to offer this space for only POSITIVE thoughts ... quotes, poems, photos ... things that may help you to feel a little spark of HOPE when you most need it. 

Views: 29281

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is lovely.....if we can remember how far we have made it....without being drug back we continue to change but in a positive way and move forward.....PEACE

I meant to post this in here on Valentine's Day. But I think these words are nice to hear any day.

Dianne

I found Brave Girls about 18 months after my loss and they have been a lifeline. Sign up for their free Daily Truth emails. Watch some of their videos. Always uplifting.

https://youtu.be/UUnz6ZgdhyY

And if you're interested in checking out their online courses in Brave Girl University, be sure to take a look at my Widowed Village profile to use the coupon code to get a 30 day free trial.

https://youtu.be/J55NOROVBgI

I love this video but a warning ... have a tissue nearby.  It's a good cry, really.  Watch all the way to the end.

I don't look like this gal and I'm WAY older, but I did my own little experience of checking things off the list when I went to Costa Rica in 2015.

Good one, thank you for posting!

"Somewhere between what she survived, and who she was becoming, was exactly where she was meant to be. She was starting to love the journey. And find the comfort in the quiet corners of her wildest dreams. They say people don't change ... well, she wasn't always this way. Even if she didn't change the entire world, she would change her part of it. And she would affect the people she shared it with. A butterfly who's wings have been touched, can indeed still fly. Whether something was meant to be, or meant to leave, didn't matter as much anymore. She would soak up the sun, kiss the breeze, and she would fly regardless."

J.Raymond

Beautiful, Dianne :)

This is greatly appreciated, the 18th will be 2 months without my lover and best friend... His family did not have a funeral so I decided to have a candle light vigil for him tonight, so it's been a tough day for me and I needed a pick me up. I'm also new to this site and I'm glad to know I'm not alone.. So thank you
Aly, the candle light vigil is a beautiful way to celebrate the love of your loved one. You are not alone.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service