Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

I guess I have a reputation here of putting a positive spin on things. I'll take that. As long as you understand that doesn't mean that this has been easy for me or that I don't have any 'down' moments. That said, I'd like to offer this space for only POSITIVE thoughts ... quotes, poems, photos ... things that may help you to feel a little spark of HOPE when you most need it. 

Views: 30918

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I find that capturing images really lifts my sense of well being and joy.

Attachments:

Lev - If you want your photos to show up on the page instead of just links, add them as an image. It's the second icon choice above this box. When you add them using the 'Upload Files' link they just show as attachments.

I posted this in here last year, but I'm thinking there are some who need to hear these words today.

Thank you 

I saw this on Facebook and it really resonated with me. I'm doing my best to change my lens to celebrate what's right with the world ... what's right in my world.  Dianne

This is a TEDx talk by Dewitt Jones, a National Geographic photographer.  It's worth your time.

https://youtu.be/gD_1Eh6rqf8

Hi Diane.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

I think that loving the self goes together with celebrating what is right with the world.

I really needed to listen to this Tedtalk.

I have saved it so that I can play it every day until celebrating what is right with the world becomes a way of life for me.

Namaste.

Lev

I love Rachel Macy Stafford's words. She always seems to hit the mark.  https://www.facebook.com/TheHandsFreeRevolution/

This is just what I needed to read right now!  I have a bad habit of being hard on myself when I don't accomplish things I need to, so this is a great reminder.  Thank you for posting it!

I posted something I wrote, but felt it was a bit melancholy, so I'll put it in my blog instead. I am reading a book by Helen Keller, who I feel is so inspiring. She has some magnificent quotes. This one is just beautiful.

“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.”

A wonderful quote, thank you for posting it!

I am crying. Thank you Dianne. That is just what I needed to see right now. I guess I forget those things like so many others.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service