Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

As the weather warms and thoughts of summer begin to beckon me somewhere...with an "anywhere but here" kind of mentality, I start my annual battle of the mind about traveling alone. It's not insecurity, mind you. I have traveled a lot on business, but that's always a planned destination with purpose. Not much time to wander beyond the absolutes. A couple of my usual travel companions are tied into family jaunts in the next few months so I thought this might be the season I break out, and hopefully break free of "couple mania"... constant reminders of how great it was to travel with THE one I miss! What's worked for some of you? Have you traveled alone to somewhere exciting by yourself? Any suggestions, ideas?

Views: 1441

Replies to This Discussion

Bravo, Susan!  So glad you took that first step traveling alone.  I am going to do the same in Sept.  Going to MA to visit sisters I have not seen in 17 years.  I am nervous and excited at the same time.  Luckily, I have a long time friend I will be staying with so that should ease the alone time some.

HI Prissy!

I stayed with very close friends except for that one night in a hotel.. Sarah, Paul's Goddaughter, her Mom was my Maid Of Honor in 1978 and her husband, Rick, Paul's " Navy Buddy" were each other's Best Man at their weddings. ... WOW ! 17 years! A long time! ... It's great that your friends can make things better/easier for you. :-)  Let me know how it goes. :-) 

Warm Regards,

Susan

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service