Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

I am not a kid anymore I am 66.   The last time I dated was 45 years ago.  I am not sure that I want to date yet but am thinking maybe in the next year or so.

In the meantime I need a lot of help in HOW to date at my age. In the '60s as a late teen and in my early 20s I met most of those I dated at dances, I went on Friday and Saturday night around a country dance circuit.  Now if I meet men it is mainly as part of a couple and not as singles.

I don't want to go into online dating or go to a meet up I am not ready for that. But I would like to find someone to go to the movies etc with. 

Tell me your own experiences or where did you find that someone special?

Views: 41519

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mac...your post is lovely...I am so glad to read that inspite of the pain and loss..you have taken one day at a time and tried everything...I have also...including dating...I am not right now and would like a break...I have learned to enjoy my privacy and aloness at times...I wish I could find a little more to so for fun and not alone but that I have two appt for this week ....to guide me into exactly what is somewhat close to me...at least within an hour ..to get involved in...I also really don't have much interest in living with someone or marrying again....but I learned to never say never...marriage no..living with someone maybe someday.....I enjoy men..always have gotten along so much better with them..maybe because my Dad spent more time raising me and teaching me then my mother ever did.....I am also peaceful and happy most of the time...and that's a good thing...I miss Bill...but after a very hard time for the past ..9 months since the 20th anniversary of my daughters death ...I am feeling lighter...everything that occurred in those 9 months was harder then it has been in years....through it all I learned a lot of me and others....glad I did....Peace and happiness to you..

Mac,
In returning to share, you have given back in providing hope to villagers ...
Hope is a vital sustenance similar to food, water & oxygen ...
Best wishes ...

Sue,
Does the man in question drive?
In the US, it is the civic duty of every citizen to prevent a person from driving drunk - it could include the staff of the events you attend. People can be arrested on drunk driving charges for knowingly permitting a person to drive intoxicated as well as held liable if a death or injury should occur.
My husband was killed in a car collision. I hired an investigator to find everyone that could be held liable to pay for mounting medical bills for my children - hospitals, psychiatrists, therapists, etc. It has depleted the life insurance money. I am still in civil court - days away from Bob's 11th anniversary ...

He walked home.

Oh, good!

Sue, maintain your standards ...

No walking dates or chaffeuring for you ...  :-)

Actually this incident reminded me how easy it is for a widow to be the subject of harrassment, not a victim unless you see yourself that way. Now it is  time for me to strategize to make sure it doesn't happen again. I was very shy as a teenager and I think that is still my default position. So I'm thinking about what I will say or do if this happens again. Best to be armed with some answers which will not offend but get the point across. Thank you for your suggestions.

If you didn't take the harrassment personally or hurt by it than it was merely an exercise in standing up for yourself in whatever manner you saw fit ...

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service