Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

I am not a kid anymore I am 66.   The last time I dated was 45 years ago.  I am not sure that I want to date yet but am thinking maybe in the next year or so.

In the meantime I need a lot of help in HOW to date at my age. In the '60s as a late teen and in my early 20s I met most of those I dated at dances, I went on Friday and Saturday night around a country dance circuit.  Now if I meet men it is mainly as part of a couple and not as singles.

I don't want to go into online dating or go to a meet up I am not ready for that. But I would like to find someone to go to the movies etc with. 

Tell me your own experiences or where did you find that someone special?

Views: 56428

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have a new phrase "distance dating" which describes young couples who stay connected by text, emails, the use of apps and the occasional phone call. Might be what Peter and I do as he phones every second night and we email on the day he doesn't phone. The alternate days are because he is still working on a Masters Degree in History. This works well for both of us at the moment. It is what is happening to a lot of other people during this Covid-19 lockdown period. Whether this routine will continue after this is over who can tell?

My old friend still rings me every second night and we talk for two hours or so. I guess this is the Covid-19 version of going steady. We will visit each other when this period of isolation is over. I have learned the value of his friendship, not sure what will be after this as we are four hours drive apart but will see what the future brings. I do know his presence in my life has been a real blessing during this time and he is very special to me now.

Moved a bit further along the relationship path with a visit from my old friend. We agreed that we both have complicated lives but when the Corona restrictions are more flexible will try for some time together. This seems like a slow kind of courtship but as he has two previous marriages behind him maybe slow is best. I think we could make each other happy.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service