Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

I had a person who was in the throes of divorce tell me that MY loss was "beautiful and romantic." My husband was dying of cancer at the time.

I felt sorry for her, and so, she went un-punched.

Views: 86733

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

People are almost always coming from their own perspective.  As a woman I found that I (mostly) received three sorts of comments.  One from those who hadn't found a great love and wanted me to know I should feel lucky that I'd had something nice (like your jealous rival), the I can't imagine comments from those who were also happily married, and after a little time had passed, a bizarre subset of comments from women who felt trapped in their marriages and seemed to envy my freedom from all of that. (Didn't they ever hear of divorce?)

As for your second strange comment maker, I haven't heard anything like that, how awful!  My sense is that she was oversharing her if-it-was-me thoughts, and that if she's not mentally ill (big if there), she probably felt really awful about how that sounded afterwards.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service