Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

I had a person who was in the throes of divorce tell me that MY loss was "beautiful and romantic." My husband was dying of cancer at the time.

I felt sorry for her, and so, she went un-punched.

Views: 91256

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have taken on a few of Martin's habits, as well. It's amazing to know that when they were here, they were themselves- a counter balance to us. But now, I realized how much I knew and learned and I use it every chance I get.  I am 54 and it is hard to get back into the job market. The thing I had going for me is that even though I did not earn a paycheck, we owned our own business, so I  had some "skillz". :) Keep looking forward, you'll find something and will be treated well.

I agree with you on this YLG. Owning your own business is the way to go. The job market can be very sketchy and unpredictable at times. I was looking for another agency that I happened to stumble across on one of those popular job sites. I;m already employed with a nursing agency, but work was slow during that period, so I applied for a position as a Certified Nursing Assistant. I've decided to stay with the nursing agency where I'm currently employed on a part time basis for now. I also have a full time job as well. I took a part time job because I needed the income after Gil passed, and I enjoy working with clients. They have free classes offered at the Community College in my area, and I took the Nursing Assistant and Dialysis Technician courses. They were fun and I learned a lot. I worked in the field over twenty-seven years ago. Those skills came in handy during Gil's chemo treatments.

I apologize, I didn't mean to get away from the main topic here.

Yup, I get it! Stunned is all you can be, because even if she was kidding, there's truth behind it.  doesn't sound like the kind of person you should waste your time with.  

At my older age now, I tend to blurt out my first thought when surprised/shocked by such a statement, I see my one second pause stare, then simply, "you're kidding, right?" It's like I would let em off the hook, but kept uncomfortable with the company.  The scenario would stay with me regardless of my reaction though. Because the offense had already been made.

UGH. I tell people that my grief from the death of Martin is no different than the grief someone else is going through in divorce. People try to quantify it by saying we had no choice because death was imminent or unexpected. Sometimes divorce is imminent or unexpected, too. I'm glad you left your friend un-puched!  She needed your good grace and your husband was probably laughing knowing that had he been there, you mighta!! :)

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service