Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

I took mine off way before I started to date -- but I tend to get very long-lasting tans -- so I took mine off around the first anniversary, at the beginning of summer.... I figured that when I tan, it lasts till October, and by October, I'd probably be ready to date. Didn't want anyone to think I was cheating (or "on travel," as they say!).

Turns out my timing was nearly perfect....

Views: 27958

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I took to wearing my rings on a necklace about 4 months after the accident and then finally put them away about 6 months because I was afraid to lose them.  I still put them on occasionally, especially around anniversaries.

I took mine off around about that time period ( up to six months) too. As I was gougn to be moving in another six months and, I was afraid to lose it. So, I put it away for safe keeping. I realised months afterwards how this may look but I thought, I love and adore my husband as he does me. Whether I wear the ring or not, I am through with what anyone may or may not think. The love is between us, in our heart and soul and everlasting.
I took mine off around about that time period ( up to six months) too. As I was gougn to be moving in another six months and, I was afraid to lose it. So, I put it away for safe keeping. I realised months afterwards how this may look but I thought, I love and adore my husband as he does me. Whether I wear the ring or not, I am through with what anyone may or may not think. The love is between us, in our heart and soul and everlasting.

Shannon, 

I did just that put them on a necklace and my mother told me while we were in the hospital one day that it looked silly it was like what teenagers do when they are going steady.

I took them off the necklace and they are on my pinkie on my left hand.

Ed died 10-1-2012

I can't remember when it was about 6 - 7 months after his death.  But I do remember what I had done with his wedding band. I had mine and his and the engagment ring melted together to form beautiful ring.  (will have to up load photo later)  I picked it up on my birthday, 1 year and 4 months after his death.

Hi Kim,

I too, had my wedding ring & Duane's wedding rings soldered together w/a 3 diamond 'eternity' ring between them.  Because he is with me yesterday, today and tomorrow.  I think it's lovely.  I would really like to see a photo of yours....

p.s. Are you the Kim from Michelle Neff's blog???? :)  If so, I LOVE your work.

I finally posted a photo of our rings.
lovely.
I love that idea! I'm not ready to take my ring off yet, but when I am, I'm going to do that.

Kitequeen:

I want to know what to do with my own rings as well.....I am too new in the grieving process to deal with what a lot of you have been going through dating etc etc. But I like that idea of making something special out of your rings.  I have a three tier wedding ring my engagement ring, wedding band, last to connect all together the one year anniversary band. I had them all soldered together. I did have to have them cut off twice because out of two of my pregnancies my hands were so swollen.

Trying to decide what to do with our rings.  I love your idea.  Did you ever post a picture?

Great idea.  I keep thinking I should do that.  Is it expensive?

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service