Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Have you registered?  Are you THINKING about attending?  Have questions?  Here's a place where we can share our travel plans, our fears, our questions - and get acquainted before we all land in San Diego August 11-13, 2017!

If you're on Facebook, be sure to "like" the Camp Widow page.  You'll find photos and good info there, too.  https://www.facebook.com/CampWidow

• When are you arriving/departing? 
  • Want to coordinate rides from the airport?
  • Need to carpool?
  • Post your specific questions here ... and get answers!!

Here's a link to the Camp Widow web site:    http://www.campwidow.org/

On the fence about attending Camp?  Ask questions here and watch this video:  Finding Hope at Camp Widow

Views: 1277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will be attending the camp in San Diego in August. I plan on arriving Thursday afternoon, and I would love to coordinate rides to and from the airport. This is my first camp, so I only know what I have read on the website and heard from others. I am looking forward to meeting those who share a similar loss. I anticipate a weekend filled with growth, love, and understanding.

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

I will be going to camp in San Diego also.  I will be arriving about 1:15 pm in the afternoon.  Where will you be coming from?

Looking forward to meeting you.

Judy

Hi Judy,  

My flight arrives at 2 pm on Thursday. I am coming from San Francisco.

Looking forward to meeting you as well. 

Kelly 

What airline are you flying?

Hi Judy,

I am flying Southwest. If you are interested in sharing a ride to the hotel, let me know!

Kelly

I am new and will be attending for the first time, but if you need a ride to the hotel, I can easily pick you up?  I'm local.

That would be great if we could make arrangements. I would appreciate it very much. 

You won't regret signing up for your first camp, Kelly.  It will be so good to meet and talk to others who also experienced a recent, unexpected loss. And I can't tell you how many lasting friendships have come out of Camp.

The San Diego schedule has posted on the Camp Widow site, so you can get an idea of what the weekend will include.  The workshop details aren't posted on the site just yet, but it shouldn't be too much longer.

http://www.campwidow.org/schedule

I am looking forward to it! Thank you so much for sharing the schedule!

I'm unsure if I am going.   I may have to attend a union convention in San Juan PR that week.    I might be home in time for the weekend and might be interested in volunteering on the Saturday, if possible.   I'm kind of sad about it, as I've gone to the last three San Diego CW's.    Attending the union convention might be my last act as a federal employee, as I have put in the paperwork to retire on August 9.   If my attending the convention falls through, you can bet I will be at CW.    If I can go, if anyone needs a ride from the Los Angeles area, let me know.   

Sure wish I could go but am having guests arriving 8/11 -8/26, just my luck. Would have loved to meet other widows, converse and maybe have a little fun. Been 4 years but still feel belong no where. Anyway, hope everyone has a good time. Judy

if you are not busy on Thursday the 10th, they will probably have a meetup,by the pool at the Marriott in the afternoon, perhaps you can go and hang out a little with some campers that day.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service