Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Have you registered?  Are you THINKING about attending?  Have questions?  Here's a place where we can share our travel plans, our fears, our questions - and get acquainted before we all land in San Diego August 11-13, 2017!

If you're on Facebook, be sure to "like" the Camp Widow page.  You'll find photos and good info there, too.  https://www.facebook.com/CampWidow

• When are you arriving/departing? 
  • Want to coordinate rides from the airport?
  • Need to carpool?
  • Post your specific questions here ... and get answers!!

Here's a link to the Camp Widow web site:    http://www.campwidow.org/

On the fence about attending Camp?  Ask questions here and watch this video:  Finding Hope at Camp Widow

Views: 1290

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great suggestion, Lupe's husband.  If you live nearby, Judy, coming over Thursday afternoon would allow you to meet others. We're at the hotel's Pool Bar starting at 4pm.  It's a great, informal setting.  And you will feel you found those you belong to. We get it.

Also, local widows who can't attend Camp are welcome to come in just to hear Michele's Keynote address Saturday morning at 9am. However, we did a Facebook Live of the Keynote in Tampa and it was a huge success, so I'm guessing we'll be doing that again in San Diego. That way you could watch the keynote and not mess with traffic or parking fees.  Dianne

I am thinking of going to Camp Widow San Diego... not sure yet. I did attend in 2013 and it was wonderful! The setting at the Marriott Marquis is gorgeous and the camp experience is phenomenal!

Hope you can come Diane.  Yes, going to Camp each and every time I learn something new and love seeing my old friends again and of course meeting new ones.

Judy

I'm hopeful! <3

Oh I hope you decide to come, Diane. It has been far too long since we've seen your gorgeous face!

Thank you!! I'm hoping...  <3

I just made my hotel reservations:)  I missed camp last year so I'm looking forward to it this year.  Dianne, I'm happy to volunteer if needed.  Diane, I really hope you come:)  I would love to see your face again, and yes, you are right the hotel is beautiful and relaxing.  I need to be around my widow folks again:)

Thanks for checking 'yes' to volunteering on your registration, Barb.  I'm sending the initial volunteer emails out this week and you're on the list!

So happy you are going! I'm hoping but also wishing it wasn't such a long flight! <3

I will be in attendance!

I have not booked my hotel room yet, Marriott seems to be a little too pricey.

I am coming from Los Angeles, so I will be driving in Friday, leaving Sunday.  There is no specific time frame as of yet, being that the drive is pretty close/simple.

Can't wait!

Unwed, 

If you know San Diego, you might find a cheaper hotel room on Hotel Circle.    I usually stay at a hotel there that is about 1/3 the price of the Marriott.   Another option is to have a roommate at the Marriott, especially if you don't like to drive..   You might keep your expenses down that way.     Like I said earlier, I'm not sure if I am going.    If I do go, I will be going from Los Angeles as well, but on Thursday.    

Do try to arrive early on Friday so you can attend both the New Camper and Newly Widowed sessions that start at 9am. Those are really important workshops and will get you immediately connected to others who share a recent loss.  

Here's a link to the Camp schedule:  http://www.campwidow.org/schedule

If you decide you'd like to have a roommate to share the hotel expenses, you can note that on your registration (use the link you received to make that change) or just send an email to [email protected]  Dana does a really amazing job at matching people up as Camp roommates; many lasting friendships have come from those matches.

Dianne

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service