Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Have you registered?  Are you THINKING about attending?  Have questions?  Here's a place where we can share our travel plans, our fears, our questions - and get acquainted before we all land in San Diego August 11-13, 2017!

If you're on Facebook, be sure to "like" the Camp Widow page.  You'll find photos and good info there, too.  https://www.facebook.com/CampWidow

• When are you arriving/departing? 
  • Want to coordinate rides from the airport?
  • Need to carpool?
  • Post your specific questions here ... and get answers!!

Here's a link to the Camp Widow web site:    http://www.campwidow.org/

On the fence about attending Camp?  Ask questions here and watch this video:  Finding Hope at Camp Widow

Views: 1268

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you - I checked and didn't see an email, so I dropped her a message.  :)

Michele sent out her pre-Camp email to all registered Campers today. It has a lot of really good information and answers to the questions we often hear from those attending Camp for the first time.  If you don't see it in your in-box, be sure to check your spam/junk folder. 

Hello! I will be attending my first Camp Widow in San Diego. I am taking the train from Fullerton to San Diego on Thursday, staying with my niece and she will be dropping me off Friday Morning around 730 am and plan on attending the 9 o'clock workshop.  I am looking forward to this event. My husband passed away on Thanksgiving 2016, but I am hoping to honor him by doing my best to keep my head up. 

Is anyone planning on going to the lunch at Busters Beach House in Seaport Village? 

Hello! I too will be a first time camper as well. I would love to go to the lunch at Busters. Is that on Friday? Did we have to register for it? Looking forward to the weekend.

There was an email that was sent on July 14 that had information
On the camp and started there would be lunch at Busters if New Campers wanted to join and we are all to pay for our own lunch. I am sure more info will be given on Friday. Will you be attending the morning workshops?

Thank you! I went back and found the email. I plan on attending Thursday meet and greet at the pool, Friday morning workshops and lunch at Busters.

It has been such a whirlwind for me the past week - my oldest daughter was married in Chicago last weekend, I am starting a new teaching job in a new school in a new town, so I have been trying to get my classroom organized. All of this coupled with my awful forgetfulness since my husband passed 6 months ago  on top of the anxiety of this upcoming weekend (although I am hopeful and excited as well). Thanks again!

I am so sorry for your loss. I too am less than a year widowed. Hi have had a lot on your plate for sure looking forward to meeting you this weekend. I think it's exactly the place we need to be.
L
In looking at the schedule it looks like I’d be closer to Tampa in 2018.

I’ll look for a discussion that starts for that. I’m very interested in attending.

We'll look forward to meeting you there, InsideLove.  I usually post one of these for each Camp a month or two beforehand but I'm late with the Toronto get-acquainted forum. Will do that now.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service