This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Have you registered?  Are you THINKING about attending?  Have questions?  Here's a place where we can share our travel plans, our fears, our questions - and get acquainted before we all land in Tampa March 23-25, 2018!

If you're on Facebook, be sure to "like" the Camp Widow page.  You'll find photos and good info there, too.

• When are you arriving/departing? 
  • Want to coordinate rides from the airport?
  • Need to carpool?
  • Post your specific questions here ... and get answers!!

Here's a link to the Camp Widow web site:

Here's a link to the Tampa Camp schedule:

On the fence about attending Camp?  Ask questions here and watch this video:  Finding Hope at Camp Widow

Here's the Blue One Transportation flyer for 2018. The rate is $12.  Blue One Transportation Flyer

Views: 1470

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I too am staying there on Thursday March 22 for one

night and Friday to Monday at host hotel. I arrive at 1:45 on thursday

they offer a shuttle to host hotel. I was planning on chrcking

in and heading to host hotel. 

Please do come over, Hopeful. The lobby has nice seating and a bar and there's also great patio seating outside overlooking the marina. At 4pm, we'll be gathering in Champions, the restaurant just off the hotel lobby. I'm greeting until Greg and Nancy arrive from Colorado. They are two of our wonderful presenters, both widowed and married to each other now.

My flight will arrive in Tampa on March 21 around 8 pm.  I will participate the informal gathering in the host hotel on March22 at 4 pm.  The shutter bus from Courtyard Marriott seems a very easy solution to get around.  Looking forward to see everyone.  

Great, riverside!  I'll look forward to meeting you there! I'm sending you a private message with my phone number, just in case you need to reach me.

I've added the Blue One Transportation Flyer PDF link above.  

Gunner & Denise:  Since you're both local to Tampa, are you aware that we have a Soaring Spirits Regional Group that meets twice a month?  They have a meet this Saturday, March 10, at 11:30am at Byblos, 2832 S. McDill Avenue and are also planning a gathering on the Saturday of Camp at the hotel lobby bar at 6pm before the evening festivities get started.

Here's a link to see if there's a regional group near you:

Dianne, I did see the event for this Saturday but due to a prior commitment I cant make it.  I am planning to attend the gathering the Saturday of Camp.

Pirate Ball? Okay so I just read the schedule (been a crazy couple weeks at work so I have been putting off dealing with Camp stuff).  Are we suppose to show up dressed like pirates? Sorry my parrot won't be allowed on the plane (don't actually own a parrot...).  My wife used to have a pirate kit, but I have no idea where she stored it (eye patch, black pirate cap...). If I had been paying attention earlier, I would have flown down a couple days earlier and gone to Disney to visit the pirate ride and shop in their gift shop :D

Anyway - for real is there some idea behind the ball that we should plan materials for? 

LOL, Tony .... well, some will dress up in pirate gear but many will not (I won't be). We'll have some props available for those who want to add a little 'pirate' to their banquet attire. Pirates are a big thing in Tampa; they hold an annual Gasparilla Pirate Fest there.  We always have some sort of theme for our Saturday night banquet and a few will jump in with both feet to dress like the theme, but really most don't, so don't worry. 

Michele will be sending an email one day this week to all registered Campers that should answer most questions. But if something else comes up, just ask here.

I'm wondering what all the ladies plan to wear to the ball Saturday night.  I'm counting down the days and have yet to purchase a dress for the occasion.  It's the only thing I feel nervous about.  I don't normally do dress up so I'm looking forward to it but at the same time I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb!

Misty, If I go to the ball I was not going to get real dressed up.  I was going to wear dressy pants and top.  Carol

Thank you.  I'll find something.  I just didn't know if I needed a formal gown or something dressy.  Whatever I wear, I am going to find something sparkly!  HA HA 

Yes, I'm going to be sparkly also :)

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service