Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Have you registered?  Are you THINKING about attending?  Have questions?  Here's a place where we can share our travel plans, our fears, our questions - and get acquainted before we all land in Toronto November 10-12, 2017!

If you're on Facebook, be sure to "like" the Camp Widow page.  You'll find photos and good info there, too.  https://www.facebook.com/CampWidow

• When are you arriving/departing? 
  • Want to coordinate rides from the airport?
  • Need to carpool?
  • Post your specific questions here ... and get answers!!

Here's a link to the Camp Widow web site:    http://www.campwidow.org/

On the fence about attending Camp?  Ask questions here and watch this video:  Finding Hope at Camp Widow

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love our Toronto Camp. It's our smallest Camp which means it's easier to get to know everyone. The hotel is smaller, too, so we're seeing each other all day as we go from workshop to workshop. It's attached to the fabulous Eaton Centre (https://www.cfshops.com/toronto-eaton-centre.html) AND there's a labyrinth right outside the doors of the hotel!

If you're flying into Toronto Pearson Airport, you can take the Union Express train right from the terminal to downtown Union Station. Trains depart every 15 minutes and get you downtown in just 25 minutes. You can even purchase your tickets online (and if you're in the US the exchange rate means it's even cheaper than the fare you see ... I purchased a roundtrip senior rate of $12.40 and my card was only charged $9.98). Taxis to/from the airport to downtown run around $50 each way!

Dianne, Good to see this discussion because then I know, I will soon see the Tampa one! My husband and I liked several places in FL. But more than that, it's easy to get to Tampa for sure, from where I am. In the meantime I will follow this discussion.

Thanks for posting this, Dianne!  I will be watching with interest! 

Also, note that if you can fly into Billy Bishop Airport in downtown Toronto (only Porter Airlines flies into Billy Bishop) you are a hop skip and a jump (short taxi ride) from the Marriott at Eaton Centre where Camp Widow is held.  :)

There’s a free shuttle bus from Billy Bishop to Union Station (the actual stop is across the street from Union at The Royal York Hotel) A taxi from there to the hotel would be minimal. Or you could take the subway from Union to Dundas.
Good to know, Bonaroo! Are you attending Camp in Toronto?
I just registered! Been needing to get away and this sounds perfect.

How many are you expecting?

I saw that you joined us here in Widowed Village and then signed right up for Camp ... excellent!  Toronto is our smallest Camp Widow - both in the number of attendees and in the size of the hotel - but it's actually my favorite.  We average around 125 attendees in Toronto, 150 in Tampa and 250 in San Diego.

The workshop descriptions are now posted, so you can get an idea which sessions you'd like to attend. I highly recommend the New Camper and Newly Widowed sessions on Friday morning starting at 9am, and do not miss Michele's Keynote address Saturday morning at 9am.

http://www.campwidow.org/camp-widow-toronto-friday

http://www.campwidow.org/camp-widow-toronto-saturday

I look forward to meeting you, Suzysue. You'll find me at the Registration desk Friday morning. And since you checked yes to volunteering when you registered, I'll be sending you an email about that.  We also do an informal meetup on Thursday afternoon at 4pm for those who arrive early to have a chance to get acquainted before things get busy.  I haven't yet confirmed the location but will post that in here once confirmed.

Dianne

I should be at the hotel by 6:15 pm Thursday night, will the meetup last that long? When do we sign up for the workshops?

Sue

Yes, it generally lasts into the evening as most Campers decide to stay and have dinner. I'll send you my phone number with the volunteer email so you can text me when you're ready to join the group and I can make sure they're still there.

You'll receive an email with a link to make your workshop selections. It usually goes out a couple of weeks prior to Camp, so it should be arriving very soon.

Hi Suzy!
So excited for you that you are going to Toronto! I went in 2014 and it was amazing! I believe that year they had about 135 attendees if memory serves. I'm not sure how many are expected this year.
Perhaps another widowed village /camp widow attendee will chime in with their thoughts!

Patience

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service