Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

UM. YES.

I burn anything I cook.

And I tell people, "Never leave your iPod on top of the laundry basket, not even for a second."

You? PLEASE tell us. We will laugh, or cry, but you will probably find someone worse off than you, too!

Views: 3233

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jen, set up autopays to a credit card.  It's the only way I can get my bills paid on time!  And then I have email reminders sent from my credit cards to remind me to pay them! 

That's a fabulous idea!! I"m going to do it this weekend...if I remember...lol!

I agree about Autopay. I have everything setup that way and it helps immensely.  One less thing I dont have to worry about! I highly recommend this..

OH my goodness, Jen, all of my bills are those past-due ones lately, too. I was never like that before Rod died! I just can't remember to send them!! ugh.

Oh wow! It makes me feel SO-O-O-O much better to read these! I was never late on a bill in my life. Now this past year, I'm hardly ever on time.

I was driving with my kids in the car staring at a red light and ran right though it. I saw the light, the instinct to brake never turned on. Two cars missed me. I don't know how...angels I guess. I hate widow brain. I used to be intelligent but now I'm just an idiot.

That's a frightening one, I've done it, too. You're not an idiot...you're just too distracted from trying to live for two. (((hugs)))

I have received two tickets since Danny died, never had one in the 46 yrs of driving- One for running a stop sign and the other for being on the tail end of a yellow/red light.  The stop sign I swore I sopped at, but he officer said no, I even tried playing the widow card...NOT!!  He just handed me the ticket and had me sign for it.  

I am so glad I am not the only one who pays bills late.  I write the checks I put them in my purse and drive by the post office at least 3 times a day, never stopping in.  Cell phone and tv remote forget it.  I have found them in the backyard, the medicine cabinet, the freezer.  Sheesh I was beginning to think that I was getting dementia.  I once left my daughters car at the repair shop and forgot about it after they called to say it was ready.  It sat there for 3 more days. LOL

Over the years when I would misplace things like my keys, wallet, glasses ,my wife would usually be the one to find them. I used to blame her for moving them from where I had originally placed them. Now when I can't find something, I look up and as for her help from above. When I do find what I was looking for, I say out loud, thank you Kar.

We blame my husband when we can't find things because he used to pull pranks so much :)

Here's one you might enjoy.. I made a couple of pans of lasagna on Sunday... one very small one for me.. after I packed up the two pans and delivered them to the perspective families I returned home to clean up the mess and bake my own personal pan.  I threw it in the oven and cleaned up the kitchen.. an hour later I checked on it, removed the foil and thought it done.. took it out and saw on the side of the pan a clear type plastic....  OMG... I had put plastic wrap on the pan, then foil and put it in the fridge.. Forgot all about the plastic wrap when I baked it.. in the trash it went..  :(  Toast for dinner again..   LOL

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service