Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

If you were able to travel back to the first date with your spouse knowing what you do now and unable to change the future would you have went? 

For me I would have arrived early, just that much more time to spend together.

Views: 774

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have often thought about this as well. If I knew my world was going to be shattered into a thousand pieces would I Love her. The answer is yes!

Oh! Yes! Oh! Yes!

Yes, without a moment's pause.  When I saw my husband, it was a reunion, not a first meeting.  My soul sang out, "Oh, there you are!  I've been waiting."  Now I am waiting again...

Yes, without a doubt. 2nd marriage for both of us and 32 +, he was my soulmate and gave me the best years of my life.

OMG!

Without any second thought, my answer would be a resounding YES!  In a New York Instant!  My life and time (35 years) with Susan was the happiest time of my life.  I would love to go back and relive it.  But, that was me. 

Susan was diabetic from age 18, and had in her last 10 years was nearly blinded by the disease, had a heart attack and heart surgery, five spine surgeries, two kidney transplants in between dialysis sessions, and a fall that resulted in a subdural hematoma and balance problems and lots of physical and mental therapy.

No, I would not want her to have to go through that life again. All that time I was/am in perfect health. The Good Lord brought her home and gave her a halo. She went through Hell on Earth.

Frank

...and again, and again...

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service