Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

We seem to have been blessed.  We had a long (43 years) and happy marriage, jobs that we both enjoyed, two daughters and four grandchildren that live nearby, a home and neighborhood we enjoy.  We were planning to visit New England and Niagara Falls for the first time this coming fall and had so much to look forward to.  Then out of nowhere my wife was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia.  She lost her battle on February 19, 2018 after what feels to me like a horrific struggle.  I am devastated, terribly lonely, and just trying to survive day to day because the future looks so bleak.  Nothing seems worthwhile anymore.  Before she died, she said that she wanted me to be happy.  I just don't know how to get there except to keep getting up each morning, struggle through the day, touch base with my loving and caring daughters (who themselves are struggling terribly with the loss of their mother), my grandchildren, and my friends, and plan some activities that will get me out of a large, empty home.  

Views: 331

Replies to This Discussion

7+ years ago, I lost my wife, after 52 years of marriage, so I have a very good idea of the emotional pain & lostness that you are going through.

Grace & peace to you.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service