Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Hi I’m new to the group. I lost my husband May 29,2019 after 48 years of marriage. I keep hoping it will get easier but it’s not some days it’s worse. Some of the things I have read on here have already made me know I’m not crazy. Thank you 

Views: 73

Replies to This Discussion

No Judyrose. You are not crazy. This grief journey is a difficult one. You are still in very early stages of grief. If you can, join a grief group and know that its ok to cry your eyes out as long as you need to.. After 48 years of marriage this is a whole new territory. Please know I am thinking of you

Hope

Thank you for your kind words. And I’m sorry for your loss. How long has it been since your loss?

I have looked into Grief Support and will be going when they have the session. This site is so helpful. 

Judyrose 

Hi Judyrose...My hubby died 9/11/19 after 50 years of marriage... so I sort of relate..My condolences to you,,,I keep trying to remember what I have heard so often..each person is different and we grieve in our own unique way...but I can relate to feeling crazy too after some of the thoughts I have or things I do...it is like no other loss I have ever had in my life...Take care  God Bless

Hi Dolly, I’m so sorry for your loss and thank you for the kind words. I’m finally realizing I can feel and do anything I want to with my loss. If I want to cry or scream it’s okay. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. And no one knows what it feels like unless you have been though it. I hope you find some comfort on here like I have. Take care of yourself and God Bless. 

Judyrose 

Thanks so much..I am with you! Cry, scream, be alone, be busy..whatever it takes to make it through the day ...it is YOUR grief to express the way you choose and if someone doesn't like it well TS..(oops is that ok to say)

I have found this passing so very different from all others I have experienced.....my reactions are different ...and I talk to my hubby a lot...I have a photo of him with a very familiar smiling, 'knowing'  expression that I use...and I truly believe we will meet again..

I so agree..unless you are going through it or have gone through it you can not understand and that is why I find this site so comforting though also so sad that many are in emotional pain

Thank you for responding....my prayers are with you 

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service