Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Athena53's Discussions (296)

Discussions Replied To (15) Replies Latest Activity

"Well, I booked another one.  My former professional society (I'm retired) is meeting…"

Athena53 replied Jun 20 to TRAVELING ALONE?

82 Jun 20
Reply by Athena53

"Two thoughts:  first of all, new places.  Ron didn't tolerate hot climates very well…"

Athena53 replied Jun 12 to TRAVELING ALONE?

82 Jun 20
Reply by Athena53

"Bergen came up with a lot of good ideas and questions; I'd also suggest that you ren…"

Athena53 replied Jun 8 to Giving Myself a Panic Attack

9 Jun 10
Reply by LP

"I'll never get rid of all of Ron's ashes, but I'm dropping small amounts of them all…"

Athena53 replied Jun 5 to The hardest time of day

26 Jun 8
Reply by 1988zinnia

"Thanks, Tess, but I'll reserve the "beast" title for a friend in her late 30s who ju…"

26 Jun 8
Reply by 1988zinnia

"I love Netflix!  I got it when Ron was getting weaker and I knew he'd be housebound…"

26 Jun 8
Reply by 1988zinnia

"Claire, thanks for that perspective.  When Ron and I met I'd just been through a mes…"

Athena53 replied Feb 8 to Companionship

21 Feb 9
Reply by Beansy

"Thanks, genevive- I find this encouraging.  I know I'm not going to find someone jus…"

Athena53 replied Feb 8 to Companionship

21 Feb 9
Reply by Beansy

"So far since DH died in late 2016, I've been on a cruise in Central America, two roa…"

Athena53 replied Feb 6 to TRAVELING ALONE?

82 Jun 20
Reply by Athena53

"I know how you feel and my husband has been gone only a little over a year.  I love…"

Athena53 replied Feb 6 to Companionship

21 Feb 9
Reply by Beansy

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service