Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Athena53's Discussions (335)

Discussions Replied To (27) Replies Latest Activity

"An update on my experiences with Match.com:  Guy #1 lost interest after 2 meetings. …"

Athena53 replied Oct 21 to Dating

24 Nov 30
Reply by Alysoun

"I'd love to meet new people in person (especially through other people I know) but I…"

Athena53 replied Sep 16 to fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

8 Nov 6
Reply by LostandSad

"I got a few FB requests from nice-looking younger guys who had no other friends, and…"

Athena53 replied Sep 15 to fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

8 Nov 6
Reply by LostandSad

"As soon as I put up a Profile on Match.com I got a couple of immediate responses fro…"

Athena53 replied Sep 14 to fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

8 Nov 6
Reply by LostandSad

"I belong to Toastmasters and we meet once a week- Thursdays at noon.  Garden Club on…"

Athena53 replied Aug 29 to What are you doing to keep busy during the day?

8 Sep 14
Reply by Lev

"Well, the second meeting went well and, again, no word from him.  I gave it almost a…"

Athena53 replied Aug 28 to Dating

24 Nov 30
Reply by Alysoun

"Woo-hoo!  I got a second date!  I sent him a friendly note saying I hadn't heard for…"

Athena53 replied Aug 18 to Dating

24 Nov 30
Reply by Alysoun

"Ron- I'm really sorry you're going through this.  I woke up at 3 AM and couldn't get…"

Athena53 replied Aug 17 to Anxiety

11 Aug 17
Reply by Melissa

"Sorry you had to join us, Ron.  How long has it been since you lost your wife? Sleep…"

Athena53 replied Aug 16 to Anxiety

11 Aug 17
Reply by Melissa

"A hopeful update- yesterday I had coffee with a guy I met on Match.com.  He looked l…"

Athena53 replied Aug 15 to Dating

24 Nov 30
Reply by Alysoun

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service