Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

I posted this on Facebook but wanted to get feedback here too.

Has anyone used any dating apps? 

Have you had any success using them? 

Which ones are the best?

Any feedback you want to share. 

Views: 402

Replies to This Discussion

Good for you Athena.  Dating again is like riding a bike - but with the training wheels on.  It does feel awkward.  I have to remind myself not to make comparisons because there was no one like my husband.  Hope he contacts you.  Keep us updated so we might have the courage to try dating again.

I am glad you had a good experience. It gives me some hope. Whatever happens there are nice people out there and you learned it’s something you can do. Next time will be easier. 

Athena-  You gave  me  my first  actual out-loud - laugh today.  Your  life  has  been quite  an adventure  and your  confidence  level is healthy  and functioning!  You are independent  financially.  You are well-schooled.  You have much  life experience in the past  as an unmarried woman before you found  and  married  your now departed husband.  You are on the upswing. Everything  is  working  together  for your good.  As an outsider  reading  your  posts it's  what  I discern to be true.   If  you do not make  perfect  choices  you will dust yourself  off  and begin  again. (Jokingly,  remember to check for pot bellies  with  tattoos which may be hiding  flaws  you do not  want...)  Everything's gonna be OK.    imo     lj    

Athena, 

I'm glad your coffee meeting went relatively well.  That's so awesome..... now we'll see if it's meant to be.....

Woo-hoo!  I got a second date!  I sent him a friendly note saying I hadn't heard form him in awhile and was he interested in meeting for coffee again Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.  I even offered him an easy "out" saying that if he wasn't, no harm/no foul, but I was encouraged that my first Match.com meeting was with someone I wanted to see again.  (I'm a people-pleaser.  It's a fault.)   I also said I hadn't had a chance to tell him about the Camaros in my life. (He works for GM and mentioned that he owns one.)  

He got back almost immediately and said he was interested.  So, I suggested Monday.  

The adrenaline rush of all this may kill me. ;-)

Athena,  I had DeSotos in my life.  Wonder what match I'd get.  LOL  (Husband had a collection of 3)

Good luck and let us know how #2 went.  Happy for you.

Well, the second meeting went well and, again, no word from him.  I gave it almost a week, suggested a couple of days to meet again and.... nothing.  Very weird.  It's certainly his prerogative to decide he's not interested in pursuing a relationship but "ghosting" isn't the right way to do it, and that tells me he's not someone I want in a relationship, either.

I'm in the process of setting up another meeting for coffee with a guy who's 6 years older- a little out of my age range but he's a real adventurer.  He sent me his Web site URL and he leads fly fishing ad wine-tasting expeditions to places like Chile.  His profile included a picture of a book he'd written on his travels so naturally I looked him up and he's a former Senior Water Scientist at the EPA.  

I decided to Skip a potential match who's "separated" (not divorced!), is a daily smoker and completed high school. 

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service