Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Hi all. I see posts from time to time that indicate that many have difficult times in the evening and at bedtime. I am sure that is so awful if it is interfering with your rest, so I truly feel for you.

For me, I am realizing that the worst time of day is in the morning. It feels as though the expanse of the entire day is ahead of me as I wake up with that empty feeling. Another day alone without a partner to share my joys and sadness.

In the evening, I can look forward to some mindless television viewing, which I never apologize for. It is what saves me. It is my guilty pleasure that clears my head of everything that took place during the day and helps me tire before bed. It is harder to watch any show that I watched with my husband. It seems so strange to me, feeling that so much time has passed since he died (almost 21 months), and still I see episodes of shows we watched together. Discordant timelines that I can't seem to reconcile in my head.

Anyway, that is my situation. I hope to hear from some of you.

(((Hugs)))

Views: 315

Replies to This Discussion

Tekwriter,

Hire a real estate attorney to transfer your name onto the title or mortgage as well as other holdings. As soon as you get it done, the sooner you will be establishing credit to purchase a future home. I hired a real estate b/c I was too confused/grief sick to get anything done on my own ...

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service