Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

We have Soaring Spirits regional groups in:

Views: 1709

Replies to This Discussion

Hope,  I've heard of Woodstock but not exactly sure where it is.  I believe you are West of Chicago.  Maybe if you aren't too far from Schaumburg or somewhere near there, we could meet up--somewhere like 1/2 way between us both.  

I'm so terribly sorry about your husband.   My Tom died 5 months ago.  He had been sick off & on for 14 years with cancer.  The last 18 months were the worst--he was hospitalized 8 times and 3 of them he was on life support.  Each time he went into the hospital, we thought it was the last.  We thought we were "ready" but one never is.  He died at home in his sleep as well--most likely of a blood clot or heart attack.  It has been the worst thing I've gone through so far in my life.  We were married 33 1/2 years.  It would have been our 34th anniversary on Oct. 17 so that was tough.  There are so many firsts I will go through this year.  

I wasn't too bad the first 2 months but the last 2 months have been horrible.  I think I was going on auto pilot and just busy, busy, busy.  Now it's really setting in that he's gone.  I try to do things a day at a time......an hour if I need to.  

I know what you mean about enjoying the golden years--Tom was 58 & I'm 57 so still young.  We had so many plans too.

Mary

Hi Mary, I am so sorry you have to be here and you have been through a lot.

Ken died 4 months ago very suddenly in bed one morning of a heart attack. It was terrifying and just like you I think the first two were a haze and I was in shock. The last two have

been difficult and the days continue to be hard..one hour I am ok, the next hour I feel lost. I am 67 as was my husband and we lived an active life. He was an Executive Coach and I a corporate trainer right up until this happened. We travelled quite a bit but always made time for each other. He was my best friend and I miss him terribly. Everyone always said they could tell how much we adored each other.

I think that a meeting place half way between Schaumberg and where I live might be around Arlington Heights if you'd like

to meet up. There are several nice restaurants around there... a tapas restaurant, a Mexican and others. You can call me at 815-814-9014 or friend me on Facebook...Gail Brooks. Seems easier to connect

that way.

Ok...I just got this figured out since my note. You don't live in Schaumberg but rather Lincoln Park? If that's the case I would be more than willing to take the train downtown to meet you. I would prefer that over the traffic to get to Schaumberg. Its an hour 20 minutes from Woodstock to downtown. You can always come by train this way if you are up for it.

Hope, Just saw these now.  Yes, I live in Lincoln Park.  It's not that far from downtown.  I'd be happy to meet you downtown one day.  We could try to plan a day to have coffee and lunch maybe.  Let me check out my calendar and see what might work for me and then maybe we can get this together.  I have a lot going on right now and then there are the holidays and such but we can make it work.  I'd love to meet up and chat.  Mary

I live close to Cincinnati Ohio

I am from Medina Ohio I am not sure if I am posting under the correct thing 

Plainfield, illinois

I would like to add my name to the group. I often visit my son in Geneva, Il and would love to meet anyone in that area. (Current home is Kutztown, PA, birth home is South Dakota.)  C

Cee, I am not too far from Geneva.

Plain - I plan to be in Geneva near the end of May. Would you be interested in meeting for lunch?

I live in Lebanon,IN which is about 20 miles north of Indianapolis.

Hi. My wife passed just a couple months ago.  I'm also NW Indy

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service