Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

We have Soaring Spirits regional groups in:

Views: 1619

Replies to This Discussion

Anyone in MI ?

Cincinnati, Ohio

I'm in the Champaign, IL area.  anyone else in this area?  I'm about an hour from Bloomington, IL - 2 hours from Indianapolis and 2-3 hours to Chicago.  We don't seem to have any widows groups in this area or not any that stay active long so I'd be interested in meeting others within a reasonable distance of me and could always meet half way too.  I'm widowed since 2008 and soon to be empty nest when my triplets move to college in Bloomington, IL in August 2017.  So I'm ready to start making friends that understand what is all involved in being a widow. 

Hi Marci8,

I'm not from your area... I'm near Cincinnati, Ohio. But I think your in the severe weather area the same as I.  I just wanted to say to be safe. I hate storms when the weather people say it might be severe. :-(  

Stay Safe,

Sissy

Thanks Sissy!  I hadn't heard that we were expecting any severe weather, but I don't always watch so close either.  I know we've been having great warm temps here last few days but Saturday it's supposed to drop back down into the 30's again.  So hard to stay well when the temps are all over the place and the poor plants and trees are so confused!  Hope you stay safe!

I live in Springfield,IL. I lost my husband suddenly and am still shell shocked.I have been widowed for one year.My daughter will be leaving for college in August. I will be alone for the first time in over 25 years. Although I have many very close friends here, none of them are widowed and my family lives far away.I left my career when I had my daughter so I haven't worked in 18 years.So much has changed and I feel I don't belong anywhere.I would love to meet up with a group that lives somewhat close to me. I hate to drive at night and am not that familiar with IL. 

I just moved to Greenfield, WI ( SE Milwaukee) about 6 months ago..... anyone in my area, or State?  I guess I would include the Chicago area since it is only about an hour away.

Euclid, OH just east of Cleveland (originally from Evansville, IN)

I am in Springfield IL. I have many  close friends but none are widowed. My family lives in NJ, TX,and FL. so they are too far away to offer much help or comfort. My daughter is an only child who will be leaving for college in August. I am so nervous about living alone . I live on the lake with no neighbors. I would love to meet some people that live within driving distance.

I'm in Traverse City Michigan

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service