This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Had to use COBRA for now . Trying to find other options and what others have done other than full time job w benefits for health insurance.    So tiredof insurance calling the shots in our lives.  This system is rough. Expensive. Then when you actually need the insurance they try snd get away with things and drs say” after approved from insurance “or waiting on insurance to decide “ pharmaceuticals and insurance have too much control.  I got off subject here but guess needed to rant a minute.   Anyways suggestions for healthcare insurance options would be appreciated.

Views: 50

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Luv4z,

have you tried calling the "Marketplace"  aka the affordable Care Act or ACA? Because I suffered losses related to the loss of my husband's business real estate investment income and business income, when my accountant figured my US taxable income, I was very surprised to discover we qualified for the ACA. 

The cost was much less than private insurance, or COBRA.  The fact that you are recently widowed means you have a "qualifying event" and very well might qualify. Here is the link, just type in your zip code and the web site will walk you through it.

But I did not apply online, as the process to apply is complicated and I needed guidance. But, I looked at the online information to see which policy and insurance company under the ACA would work best for me. Then I  called the toll free number and a very competent representative signed us up. 

You might try calling your accountant for an estimate of your US 2018 income, (not your Kansas taxable income)  as you will be asked for the US income figure. An estimate is ok.

Thank you Patience. Ill look into it!


© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service