Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington DC, West Virginia

Views: 2327

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sterling. I'm in VA, originally from Long Island NY. My husband died suddenly and unexpectedly on Aug 28, 3 days after his 69th birthday. My 2 NY crazy Italian sisters keep me going the most. My son lives on the west coast and we text every day, talk once a week. I have at least a dozen good friends, some of them my church family, who help me keep going. I don't know why I keep going but I do.

Port St Lucie, FL here.   I lost my husband in 2012. 

Sarasota FL. When Norm was alive we lived in Delaware  beans

Clearwater (Port Richey), FL area for 30 years. My sweet husband died Oct 2010.

Hi, I'm near Columbia, SC. 

We have a new Soaring Spirits Regional Group in Raleigh/Durham, NC and one getting ready to start up in the Maryland, DC, VA area.  And I've just learned of a Facebook group that helps to connect people in NC, SC and VA:    Widows and Widowers of NC, SC and VA

Good news. I just joined the NC,SC, VA facebook group. Thatnks for the link!

Me too! Yes, thanks!

Villa Rica,GA

Hello everyone.  I'm Carol and I live in Tampa.  I'll be attending my first Camp Widow.  I'm a little nervous, but I hope to meet other local folks during the weekend.

Hi Carol, I live in Seminole and this will be my first Camp Widow as well.  Hopefully we will be able to meet.  I think the Tampa group is having a gathering before the Friday reception. Even though I live in the area I have a room at the main hotel, I'm looking at as treating myself to a mini staycation.  I'm very nervous since I tend to be shy, especially in large groups.

Denise, you just described me.  I'm real nervous about attending and not knowing anyone.  I am not good at small talk with strangers so I hope I can get over that.  I am not staying at the hotel since I'm only 15 minutes away.  I may go to the gathering on Thursday from 4-6 in the hotel restaurant/bar.  I thought that might be a smaller group to get my feet wet LOL  Hope we get to meet.  Carol

RSS

© 2018   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service