Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

After reading some earlier posts, one question comes to mind. Since losing your spouse/partner, do you feel as though you are still connected to military life or transitioning to the civlian world?

Views: 71

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome Abythebay! So sorry for your loss but glad you found this site and our group.  It is so hard I know and old friends do not always understand. You will find a lot of support and understanding here. We all get it!! Thank you for introducing yourself to the group. I hope you will post often. I am thinking of you and wishing you peace as you continue on this journey.

Jen

Both my husband and I were in the Navy. He was medically discharged and I got out by not reenlisting so that I could take care of him. So we had been out awhile and transitioned to civy life. I still feel very connected to the military. I have been reaching out to some old battle buddies of mine that I haven't talked to in awhile. They have been helping me out by giving me a shoulder or an ear. I really connected with one of the girls I was deployed with as she is going through hell just as much as I am so we vent and commiserate and check on each other's well being. I now miss the military life. I'd almost rather be on deployment than to face this reality.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service