Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Hi All - I just came back from visiting my family and my wife’s family for Easter. While it was nice to see everyone, other than me, no one talked about my wife. Yet when she was alive she was always the central player in all of their lives. So I got to thinking - do I feel alone on this earth or do I feel lonely? The answer was clear to me - I feel alone without my wife. If I were lonely then seeing the family would have cheered me up. But even in the midst of all of these people, I felt alone.

The specialness my wife brought to me is missing. All of the personal things are gone. All I have left are the thoughts. I have said before that I am more than sad - I am sorrowful. And so lonely is how I feel and how I will probably feel until it is my turn. I love her and miss her so much!

Views: 86

Replies to This Discussion

As a 39yo widow, I feel both alone and lonely. People I know, around my age, are busy with their young families or working hard to build their careers. No one has time for me. That part, I am lonely. When my husband died, I lost literally the only reliable friend I have. 

And having no family or close friends here, they live overseas; I am alone. And the fact I put a halt to my career because I have a toddler to raise, no job or social life, I am a total lone reed. Begin an introvert obviously doesn't help.

Thank you Miket for posting how you feel cause I have been feeling the same way.l am alone it is like our relationship was never there.Our children never talk about their father so it makes griefing very hard.they don't understand. I should be over losing my husband.

Thank you both for your thoughts. I see others that are happy, but I tend to shy away from social events because they would even make me think about my wife some more. We were together over 40 years - now it seems like time has stopped. All I want is her back in my life. No desire for riches or fame - I had everything and now I realize how important that was. My only option is to wait until it is my time - then I know I will be with her again.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service