Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

It's been a while since I've been on here.  My husband died July 2016.  I'm still hurting bad, especially at night time .  I'd love to be asleep right now , but it's so painful just getting ready for bed and then sliding into my bed is just awful . Once I force myself in the bed , I just lay here and it all floods back into my brain.  I'm alone.  He's gone.  He's never coming back.  Then I start thinking about it all and can't stop.  Next thing I know its midnight and I'm still awake and miserable.  Sleep is a relief from the pain, but its real hard to let go and fall asleep.  I do take sleeping pills but a lot of times , my pain is more powerful than the pills and I can't sleep.  Does anyone else have trouble with their grief being stronger at night?  

Views: 125

Replies to This Discussion

susan,  Yes!  It's wonderful to hold my grandson.  I love it when he lays his head on my shoulder and I can hug him tight. I hug him and always think about Mike.  I was thinking that no one holds me like that anymore.  I really miss it.  

Attachments:

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service