Members

This site is run by widowed people, for widowed people

Widowed Village connects peers with each other for friendship and sharing. The moderators, administrators, and others involved in running this site are not professionals.

Please don't interpret anything you read here as medical, legal, or otherwise expert advice. Don't disregard any expert's advice or take any action as a result of what you read here.

We're friends, not doctors, financial or legal professionals, and we're not "grief experts." But we are here, and we've been "there."

Its official I just hate hate hate hate this life without my Helen.  Cancer snatched Helen from me 30th June and I thought I was doing OK, but every day is getting so more wearisome.  I go out, I talk to people, I talk to my 2 sons and I have a laugh and a joke but in those lonesome days and late at night, like now, I just miss her so much. I want her back but know that can't happen, but it dos'nt stop me wanting. 

Views: 92

Replies to This Discussion

Helens Ray,

What you expressed helped me today. Thank you. This stinks!

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss HelensRay, unfortunately we are all with you in this. Sometimes its like you are going thru the motions when going out - just not totally involved. I too lost my everything to cancer. We so want them back, but not with the illness that took them away. Like Mandy said, it stinks, really, really stinks.

Hi HelensRay,  I absolutely am where you are.  I lost my Charlie, also to cancer, Feb. 24, and life just keeps getting more difficult and hopeless.  I'm tired of doing everything large and small by myself.  I miss him like crazy.  I too have family and friends and do limited socializing, go to the gym, etc.,  but all my old ways of coping flat out don't work.  I know your pain and wish there were some way I could help us both.  I hope you can find some peace, even for a few minutes each day.

Have had a strange experience this evening.  Have a had quite a boozy weekend, out last night to a gentleman's evening at the the rugby club, too much to drink and don't really remember getting home.  Back to the rugby club this afternoon, again a bit to much to drink but had a good time.  Got home, made a sandwich and sat down with a small (!?) whiskey.  My mind wandered to Helen and I was transported back to earlier times and it was more like an out of body experience, it was just like Helen and I were there, in Spain, Germany, Portugal - it was really lovely. Then reality broke in, but I did resist it - I was  so happy in such a long time.  Obviously reality has to kick in, but those 5 to 10 minutes were really nice

RSS

© 2017   Created by Soaring Spirits.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service